[qe-core] setup openSUSE Leap 15.3 openqa
(this old ticket started as a ticket for Jump, later modified to be about Leap 15.3)
We need to setup openSUSE Leap 15.3 openqa.
It will have 3 update repos it consumes:
the full test repo is at:
the incidents are below openSUSE Maintenance as usual, example incident openSUSE:Maintenance:14199
Current Build ISOs are below http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/15.3/
- Write also the documentation of the process preferably in confluence, see notes in comment #note-13
* Clarify why are we testing what on leap :)¶
This would need at least PR to https://github.com/openSUSE/openSUSE-release-tools/tree/master/data
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/Maintenance:/Test:/Jump_15.2/ is the merged testrepo
Right now there are these runs :
So what more is it expected from the openqa tests in relation to these repos? Is it sufficient for the system to be up-to-date, by using the aforementioned repositories and then do the testing?
Thank you msmeissn for the answers!
After some research though I did today, an implementation of the openQA bot is also required which is handled by osukup (who has time-off this week). Consequently, this ticket can be handled on the beginning of next week.
tjyrinki_suse , it is an urgent+sprint item, but I have to postpone it for next week, will it be ok? :)
So what I get from asking around:
- Iso has to be synced (https://github.com/os-autoinst/openqa-trigger-from-obs/pull/89), but rather we need the fixed asset (that would be living in
- Medium type setup: (flavor=DVD-Incidents) in o3 for jump (Leap 15.2 mediums can be used as a template)
- It's not clear to me, But likely there's a go: Jump has to be added here: https://github.com/openSUSE/openSUSE-release-tools/pull/2383
- Due date changed from 2020-10-30 to 2021-02-01
- Priority changed from Urgent to Low
So after double checking with Marcus, this ticket is not urgent anymore as the Jump 15.2.1 received a no-go.
I'd like to announce that we have a final no-Go for Leap 15.2.1 after talking to stakeholders or engineers working on blocking issues.
- Subject changed from [qe-core] setup Leap Jump 15.3 openqa to [qe-core] setup openSUSE Leap 15.3 openqa
we need openqa setup, and it will be a bit different.
we can have incidents now for 2 different locations
openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP3
test incident: openSUSE:Maintenance:15678
openSUSE Leap 15.3
test incident: openSUSE:Maintenance:15681
both targets will go into Leap 15.3.
- Assignee set to szarate
- Target version changed from future to QE-Core: Ready
I'm picking this up while in training.
For now: https://github.com/openSUSE/openSUSE-release-tools/pull/2537 has been created based on the information that we have within the ticket.
someone needs to setup 15.3 job groups in openqa.opensuse.org. (antonios?)
There will be code changes needed in opensuse-release-tools and os-autoinst-distri-opensuse, as we now have 2 different looking incidents.
what is not handled yet, are incidents like this:
As we now have 2 sources for updates, openSUSE:Leap:15.3:Update AND openSUSE:Backports:SLE-15-SP3:Update to test for Leap 15.3.
openSUSE:Maintenance:15681 is the other possible case, with rpmlint-mini
BOTH cases must be handled.