|Category:||New test||Estimated time:||8.00 hours|
|Target version:||QA - future|
our biggest "customer" uses nis+autofs, so we should have a test for that :)
- AC1: We have a NIS server+client test in openSUSE TW
- AC2: Same as AC1 but for openSUSE Leap 15.2
- AC3: Test suites are enabled in development job group first and then moved to the main job group
Same as AC1 but for SLE 15DONE: https://openqa.suse.de/tests/1404255
Same as AC1 but for SLE 12 SP4DONE: https://openqa.suse.de/tests/1408217#step/nis_client/43
- Crosscheck existing NIS tests against manual expectations
- If necessary add new tests / extend existing tests
- Ensure the supported testsuites are called in all products+versions mentioned above
SLE 15 tests can be used as a base:
#5 Updated by RBrownSUSE almost 4 years ago
- % Done changed from 100 to 80
While I really like the test and it mostly works (75% of the problems we've seen are due to changes in SLE12 SP2 that are NOTHING to do with the test) we've still had to remove the yast2_nis test from main.pm for the following reasons
- it only works on the suse.de network - no one can test anything in Prague or Bejing with it present
- it's reliant on nis.suse.de - this prevents the test being used by openSUSE, which is always a goal if it can be done
- while it is important, it gets in the way of staging. It probably warrants either it's own scenario, or we're going to have to start implementing something like the extra_tests_ scenarios which openSUSE uses for stuff like this
Zaoliang, please make the following changes
- Please make it so this test does not rely on nis.suse.de.
- This might mean making two tests, one to setup a NIS/NFS server, and then connecting the NIS client to it using an improved version of yast2_nis.pm
- I'd accept localhost testing, but this might be an excuse to experiment with openQA's multi-machine testing - Denis is our expect.
This will make the test more flexible in where we put it and how we put it..once we get there I'll hopefully have made a decision about how we put it back in the sle main.pm :)
#9 Updated by dzedro over 3 years ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
YaST nis code is pretty old, bugs below are blocking progress in openQA test
Existing openQA test https://openqa.suse.de/tests/627400
#11 Updated by okurz about 3 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
Hi @dzedro, zluo now put the
yast2_nis module in use, see #13252 for details. It is only used in SLE so it would be great if in this ticket we can focus on openSUSE.
I just checked all bugs you mentioned. There are all in state NEW and I don't see that any immediate action is necessary by you so I guess we are blocked here by others. Setting to feedback to resemble the blocked state, I hope you don't mind
#17 Updated by okurz about 3 years ago
I also checked the bugs
Not any useful progress at all.
But: @dzedro: I could not find a recent job example. Possibly because we are restructuring the "extra tests" to be more aligned with the structure on o3. When you say the test is "blocked": Is NIS unusable? If this is the case I think we would need to escalate. If NIS works but the test has different assumptions then it would need to be adjusted to reflect reality. How feasible would this be?
#29 Updated by okurz about 2 years ago
- Subject changed from [sle][functional][opensuse]nis+autofs to [sle][functional][hard][opensuse]nis+autofs
- Description updated (diff)
- Assignee changed from sebchlad to okurz
https://openqa.suse.de/tests/1408217#step/nis_client/43 shows the client for SLE 12 SP4 and it actually checks nicely the expectations, e.g. exported home directory over NFS from test user on NIS.
I will try to harmonize the test plan regarding the test modules "nis_server" and "nis_client". "yast2_nis" relies on nis.suse.de, not much we can do here. The challenge though is that currently there are no multi-machine capable workers in the o3 infrastructure. I see the following options:
- openvswitch+multi-machine o3 workers
- rewrite tests be one-host only
I asked in #opensuse-factory what we can do about opt. 1.
- Assignee changed from okurz to riafarov
Move to new QSF-y PO after I moved to the "tools"-team. I mainly checked the subject line so in individual instances you might not agree to take it over completely into QSF-y. Feel free to reassign to me or someone else in this case. Thanks.