[functional][u] test fails in NM_wpa2_enterprise - unable to login into the gnome session again (was: screenlock displays)
openQA test in scenario opensuse-15.1-DVD-x86_64-extra_tests_on_gnome@64bit fails in
screenlock was there then confused gnome_widget matching. Actually we just switch back from a text console to gdm, we detect that, enter the password in https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/823304/file/video.ogv#t=126.72,126.74 and that is not accepted.
Fails since (at least) Build 385.1
Last good: 383.2 (or more recent)
- Newer versions of gdm are started twice, on tty2+tty7. If we switch to the "wrong one" we can login and are diverted to the other tty. We should ensure we select the tty where we are already logged in, i.e. we should not expect the user selection screen but the unlock screen of the already logged in user "bernhard"
- Investigate why we can not login, e.g. take a look into https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/823304/file/NM_wpa2_enterprise-journal.log at the correct timestamp, potentially report bug
- Optional: Simplify test scenario and/or modules to not switch back and forth so often between "root-console" and "x11".
Always latest result in this scenario: latest
#10 Updated by okurz over 1 year ago
- Status changed from New to Workable
- Priority changed from High to Urgent
- Target version set to Milestone 22
Previously with "High" in the backlog of the u-team that meant ETA of 2 weeks to 2 months. Bumping to "urgent". Therefore according to https://progress.opensuse.org/projects/qa/wiki#How-we-work-on-our-backlog means we want to pick the ticket up within 2-3 days and have the "urgency" removed within 1 week.
#13 Updated by SLindoMansilla over 1 year ago
Not able to reproduce locally with Build404.2: http://openqa.slindomansilla-vm.qa.suse.de/tests/1202
It didn't fail on last build 406.2: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/844167#next_previous
Comparing the video differences make me think that the session simply went to the lock screen.
#14 Updated by SLindoMansilla over 1 year ago
- Priority changed from Urgent to High
My bet is that this could improve the problem: https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst-distri-opensuse/pull/6729
#15 Updated by okurz over 1 year ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Workable
- Assignee deleted (
Hm, I am not exactly sure what fixed the scenario but definitely not your PR as it is not yet merged. https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/844167 is the latest job that worked again after a longer time. I don't think your PR is a good idea though. The switching to the text terminal and back happens within a minute so the screen shouldn't even be locked unless this is some feature that I do not know about. @SLindoMansilla it seems you have ignored all my suggestions from the description? Leaving for someone else during his absence.
#21 Updated by szarate over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Workable to Feedback
- Assignee set to szarate
I decided to go for a simpler route: Don't switch to the root console :), https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst-distri-opensuse/pull/6825