[functional][u] test fails in user_gui_login - fails to re-login, password not typed or entry field not focussed?
#2 Updated by okurz over 1 year ago
- Subject changed from [functional][u] test fails in user_gui_login to [functional][u] test fails in user_gui_login - fails to re-login, password not typed or entry field not focussed?
- Status changed from New to Workable
- Priority changed from Normal to Urgent
dheidler you should know better how to write tickets because we just had a lengthy discussion about that yesterday. Please use "catchy subject lines"
#4 Updated by SLindoMansilla over 1 year ago
It happens sporadically: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/831695#step/user_gui_login/8
- 6 of 100 in 2 years.
#6 Updated by SLindoMansilla over 1 year ago
Comparing this job where it worked with a failing one:
- Passed: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/832459#step/user_gui_login/5 with
- Failing: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/831695#step/user_gui_login/6
I can see how the passing one matches the blinking typing-cursor, while the failing one doesn't.
PR to assure focused password textbox: https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst-distri-opensuse/pull/6596
#7 Updated by SLindoMansilla over 1 year ago
Bug created for recording a soft-failure so we can remove urgency: https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1122664
#8 Updated by SLindoMansilla over 1 year ago
Got hit by this bug: https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1100541
while trying to verify my PR: http://slindomansilla-vm.qa.suse.de/tests/1134#step/updates_packagekit_kde/12
#12 Updated by SLindoMansilla over 1 year ago
Waiting for verification on O3 and OSD
#14 Updated by okurz over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Resolved to Feedback
That does not work as expected. Please see https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/843506#step/start_wayland_plasma5/45 as well as https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/842984#step/user_gui_login/5 which clearly shows a focussed text field. You might want to review the existing needles with the tag "displaymanager-password-prompt"
#18 Updated by SLindoMansilla over 1 year ago
QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
It happens with Wayland/KDE, but not with X11/KDE.
I think it could be the same problem I had with nvidia card on SLE using Wayland/GNOME. Investigating...
#19 Updated by SLindoMansilla over 1 year ago
Maybe related: https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=987900
#20 Updated by okurz over 1 year ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
I think I made a mistake and one of the two examples I mentioned is invalid because the wrong machine type is used, "64bit" instead of "64bit_virtio". Also, the latest staging test from the example I mentioned is https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/846061 which is soft-failed and also the 5 jobs in before. I assume everything is ok now. Maybe someone created a missing needle and we are good for now? Unless you were looking into something further I suggest to set to "Resolved" now.
#22 Updated by SLindoMansilla over 1 year ago
My changes are not making it to fail, but a bug. I am waiting for answer here: https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=987900
In case I can reuse that ticket or create new one.
Should I create a soft-fail with the workaround to select X11?
#23 Updated by SLindoMansilla over 1 year ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
This urgent ticket was already resolved, and the problem seen is actually a bug: https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1124294
I will create a workaround for using X11 and recording a soft-fail.
#24 Updated by okurz over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Resolved to In Progress
- Pretty sure the bug is invalid as described in #46223#note-20
- Many many tests are now soft-failing with reference to the bug that the password field would not be focussed but it is, see https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/846061#step/user_gui_login/6
#25 Updated by SLindoMansilla over 1 year ago
That is a different problem that I didn't notice in your last comment.
The cause is the wrong use of match_has_tag, due to its implementation: https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst/blob/6ef6a5332bf9df5c5c599a981665715f606b9c0a/testapi.pm#L457
So, while negating it, you can get false positives.
#26 Updated by okurz over 1 year ago
Could you please answer to my assessment that the bug is invalid?
Also, please shift your focus on preventing the many soft-fails in case the password field is actually still focussed.
This ticket is urgent for 21 days now. That is about 5-10 times longer than it should be. We need to handle what is visible in most tests. And this is as of now that nearly every "user_gui_login" test module report as soft_fail in an invalid way.
#27 Updated by SLindoMansilla over 1 year ago
Identified two problems
- Sporadic unfocused password textbox.
- PR from okurz to fix wrong soft-fails: https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst-distri-opensuse/pull/6728
- Wayland is not working on cirrus at the moment.
#29 Updated by okurz over 1 year ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
I managed to repair my test instance on lord and could have a verification for: https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst-distri-opensuse/pull/6728 , see there