[sle][functional][u][epic] Modules (Installation + migration)
|Category:||New test||Estimated time:||3.00 hours|
|Target version:||SUSE QA tests - Milestone 26|
All modules have to be installable on SLES as well. Since you get them with SCC this is an essential part of migration testing. But also installation testing makes sense.
add a testcase for each module installed on plain SLES add a combination of 2 or 3 modules on SLES add testcases of an add-on and each module
For details about modules see
See the subtickets for details
#8 Updated by okurz over 3 years ago
- Status changed from Closed to In Progress
#15 Updated by okurz over 2 years ago
- Subject changed from [sles][epic] Modules (Installation + migration) to [sle][functional][epic] Modules (Installation + migration)
- Target version changed from Milestone 9 to Milestone 13
@maritawerner if you agree I think we should revisit this ticket for SLE12 SP4 after subtickets are resolved. For SLE15 modules are inherently tested anyway.
#18 Updated by okurz over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Closed to Feedback
I'm a bit confused now. 2 days ago I assigned the ticket to M13, then you closed it, then you ask about SLE12 SP4. So IMHO yes, M13 works for SLE 12 SP4, this is why I assigned this ticket to it. Also, I will reopen it so that we will take a look again at that time. Also for SLE15 it makes sense to revisit this topic by then because we should have experience regarding migration with modules from any SLE12 subversion to SLE15 as well as migration to SLE12SP4.
#35 Updated by okurz over 1 year ago
- Target version changed from Milestone 21+ to Milestone 22
After I could update #9464 after receiving answer in the bug about puppet I planned two subtasks for cfengine and machinery which I consider the final parts to have all modules sufficiently covered and we should be able to close this epic as well until the end of Milestone 22.
@maritawerner you could help me to find out the business value and potentially business use cases for cfengine and machinery so that we can better decide how much effort we should invest.
#39 Updated by riafarov about 1 year ago
- Subject changed from [sle][functional][y][epic] Modules (Installation + migration) to [sle][functional][u][epic] Modules (Installation + migration)
- Target version changed from Milestone 23 to Milestone 25
Moving to milestone 25 as per #9464, assigning epic to QSF-U, as mainly worked by the team.