|Category:||New test||Estimated time:||3.00 hours|
|Target version:||SUSE QA tests - Milestone 18|
- AC1: At least one scenario where we have functional tests executing the existing php test modules or adjusted ones
- AC2: Same as above for SLE12SP4
- Learn existing test modules for anything regarding "php", e.g. see
git ls-files "*php*"(in os-autoinst-distri-opensuse)
- Ensure the test modules are scheduled accordingly, e.g. in the allmodules+allpatterns scenario
- Make sure the modules run for SLE15 or are adjusted accordingly
- Optional: Get rid of the version-suffix in the test modules name
- Verify for both versions of SLE
- Crosscheck the test modules are executed for both openSUSE TW + Leap
#5 Updated by JERiveraMoya almost 2 years ago
For s390x found that version is fix a particular one and it is failing: https://openqa.suse.de/tests/1647514#step/php7_postgresql96/37. It needs for leap 15.0+ sle 15+ get the latest without specifying version or one specific available: https://openqa.suse.de/tests/1647514#comments. According to @mgriessmeier we need to do a couple of action with that:
- the s390x scenario shouldn't be called gnome
- we need to enable this test on other archs, which is not the case right now.
#7 Updated by JERiveraMoya almost 2 years ago
We have found inconsistency between job setting and vars.json for s390x, for instance:
we set here DESKTOP to text mode: https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst-distri-opensuse/blob/master/products/sle/main.pm#L128
but we found different value of this property in https://openqa.suse.de/tests/1647514#step/php7_postgresql96/36 and https://openqa.suse.de/tests/1647514/file/vars.json.
According to @okurz: The current way is like this: The table for "settings" are the input values, the vars.json is written at the end of the tests and test code is allowed to update the settings.
The effect that we see with this is a wrong scheduling comparing gnome+proxy_SCC+allmodules for different architectures, for instance php7 tests are only executed in s390x.
#17 Updated by okurz over 1 year ago
Alright, as we are in no rush you can decide yourself if you want to workaround these bugs, e.g. by not enabling the troubling modules in your test runs, or set the ticket to "Blocked" as you referenced the blocking bugs already. In the latter case actually I would not assume a fix available within this sprint so you can immediately set the ticket to a later sprint, e.g. Milestone 19, due date 2018-09-25. But please keep assigned to "blocked" tickets that we know you track the bugs and would update this progress ticket as soon as there is movement in the bug or at best fixes are available and we can continue the work.
#18 Updated by dheidler over 1 year ago
I will try to workaround the issue analog to https://openqa.suse.de/tests/1806011#step/select_patterns_and_packages/130
#25 Updated by okurz over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Resolved to In Progress
- Priority changed from Normal to High
Please take a look into https://openqa.suse.de/tests/1954447#step/pcre/6 on SLE12SP4.
Two issues I see there:
- The test suite has the version number of SLE in the name, we should avoid that. We had many test suites that had either the architecture or the product version in the name. This is not scalable as test inheritance is hindered as well as making the test suite maintenance a burden. We should prefer setting test settings within the test code where necessary. This has the additional benefit of providing a place where to comment, we have git to track what changed, in what way, why and when, as well as the peer-review process. riafarov and me can provide more details why if unclear
- Second: pcre-devel seems to be not available, probably because we do not add that repo or removed it or something
#26 Updated by okurz over 1 year ago
- Remove the "sp4" suffix in the test suite, that should be easy for us to agree on
- For SLE15: Do not enable the "sdk" as devel-packages should be part of the corresponding SCC modules already -> You should not need to tinker with SYSTEM_ROLE nor DESKTOP as you should end up with a textmode by default. I would still set DESKTOP=textmode to make it explicit. As the test suite is called "wsm+textmode" we should also set "DESKTOP=textmode" OR make it same as in https://openqa.suse.de/tests/1962609# for "mau-webserver" which is the same testsuite for the maintenance SLE12+SLE15 tests as well to end up with only one testsuite