action #15108: [sle][functional][u][epic] Modules (Installation + migration)
[sle][functional][u] Modules - Advanced Systems Management
|Target version:||SUSE QA tests - Milestone 26|
We require proper modules testing
This should be done as part of Validation if possible
ASM Module should test the following
Basic functionality of (ie. Does the application start and do one or two common functions)
optional: Broad coverage of the functionality of Puppet, CFEngine, and Machinery, etc.
#8 Updated by okurz almost 3 years ago
[18 Apr 2017 14:46:44]
[18 Apr 2017 15:02:58]
so it was you, dgutu ;-) I removed the test suite again as it is not working, never was and is incomplete. I recommend the following approach:
- use manual triggering with "jobs post" and necessary settings and see that it works at least once
- add test suite and enable it in development group
- if it works consistently there, enable it in "Functional: Server"
Only add something to the validation job groups after it has been proven to work.
#11 Updated by dgutu almost 3 years ago
By not reinventing the testcase I started to check and test the one Oliver wrote.
I'm surprised that this very basic test can't pass successfully.
The error is "Minion did not return. [No response]"
The issue description doesn't include Salt, should I ignore it for now?
#13 Updated by okurz over 2 years ago
- Category deleted (
IMHO we should also cover salt, especially because we already have a salt test running in openSUSE openQA tests.
When you want to continue working on this ticket I still strongly recommend you go step by step and complete first one simple test (including having it running in production), then continue to the next. Just start with the easiest module, does not need to be salt at first.
#15 Updated by dgutu over 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 20
Puppet is ready to be tested:
#17 Updated by okurz over 2 years ago
- Description updated (diff)
- Assignee deleted (
puppet change merged, salt also enabled for SLE with https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst-distri-opensuse/pull/3198 and https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst-distri-opensuse/pull/3192 thanks to dgutu -> https://openqa.suse.de/tests/1036645#step/salt/18 .
#25 Updated by okurz over 1 year ago
- Due date set to 17/07/2018
- Status changed from Workable to Blocked
- Assignee set to okurz
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
before we go further here I would like to see results from https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1092498 about puppet not being available on SLE and potentially moved to packagehub as this impacts how we want to test other components.
#32 Updated by okurz about 1 year ago
- Subject changed from [sle][functional][u][bsc#1092498] Modules - Advanced Systems Management to [sle][functional][u] Modules - Advanced Systems Management
- Target version changed from Milestone 25+ to Milestone 23
I closed bsc#1092498 as RESOLVED WONTFIX after we finally got an answer from Joe :)
Created two specific subtasks for cfengine and machinery, blocked by subtasks.
- Assignee changed from okurz to mgriessmeier
Move to new QSF-u PO after I moved to the "tools"-team. I mainly checked the subject line so in individual instances you might not agree to take it over completely into QSF-u. Feel free to discuss with me or reassign to me or someone else in this case. Thanks.