action #39302: [functional][opensuse][epic][u][medium] uefi upgrade tests on TW+Leap (was: missing assets)
[functional][u] create scenario upgrade_tumbleweed which uses released ISO instead of tested ISO and publishes the qcow2 for extra tests
|Category:||Bugs in existing tests||Estimated time:||42.00 hours|
|Target version:||SUSE QA tests - Milestone 30|
As a release manager, I want to have a real use case scenario where a user has a released tumbleweed snapshot installed which is then upgraded to the to be released snapshot.
upgrade_tumbleweed should use released ISO instead of tested ISO, otherwise, installer may fail to boot properly.
openQA test in scenario opensuse-Tumbleweed-NET-aarch64-create_hdd_tumbleweed@aarch64 fails in
- AC: The use case of upgrading a released snapshot to the snapshot to be tested is covered in openQA
- Proper scenario's name to be decided.
- Monitor the snapshot releases, when a new snapshot is released save the corresponding qcow2 image in the fixed directory
- Once there's a new snapshot released, remove the previous 'published'
- Update the repositories
Fails since Build 20190304
Last good: 20190304
Always latest result in this scenario: latest
#1 Updated by SLindoMansilla 9 months ago
- Subject changed from create_hdd_tumbleweed should use released ISO instead of tested ISO to [functional][u] create_hdd_tumbleweed should use released ISO instead of tested ISO
- Description updated (diff)
- Priority changed from Normal to High
As a result of backlog triaging (see https://progress.opensuse.org/projects/openqatests/wiki#ticket-backlog-triaging for more information).
Please, feel free to adjust the category or the "[label]" if you think different.
DimStar: well, I know fo the 'special case' create_hdd-tumbleweed in TW: we use that to install 'the latest, published TW snapshot - which the user is likely to have installed if they follow a regular update method' - and from that image, we run a zypper dup (tw2twnext test) to verify if we can upgrade from the published snapshot to the one under test.
The idea of the test suite is to create an installation from the last published snapshot so that we can do the upgrade from last_published to current snapshot_under_test as a test
#4 Updated by SLindoMansilla 7 months ago
- Subject changed from [functional][u] create_hdd_tumbleweed should use released ISO instead of tested ISO to [functional][u] create scenario upgrade_tumbleweed which uses released ISO instead of tested ISO and publishes the qcow2 for extra tests
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from New to Workable
- Priority changed from High to Normal
- Target version set to Milestone 26
So not only I had to run with a similar situation (But on SLES), but Defolos is also needeing something similar to this, as it could help him with https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst-distri-opensuse/pull/8883. Maybe let's pick it up next week.