openQA Project - coordination #80142: [saga][epic] Scale out: Redundant/load-balancing deployments of openQA, easy containers, containers on kubernetes
More openQA worker hardware for OSD size:M
See #97043 . There is still some capacity for more workers (although we should be careful to not overload the central OSD instance)
- DONE: Ask eng-infra until when and how new machines for server room 1 (SRV1) can be put in place -> a QA rack SRV2 should be preferred, see #97862#note-8
- DONE: Crosscheck if budget plans accomodate what https://progress.opensuse.org/projects/openqav3/wiki/#openQA-infrastructure-needs-o3-osd describes -> According to nsinger we have the budget although maybe timing right might be bad but better crosscheck with mgriessmeier and then runger -> the last time okurz discussed with runger and mgriessmeier it was confirmed that replacements should be ordered especially as a plan to move to an external datacenter was delayed
- Ask nsinger to teach others how to do that (or ask him to do it himself)
- Order two times x86_64 machines similar to openqaworker13 but newer
- Ask eng-infra to put the two machines into
- Due date set to 2022-02-28
- Status changed from Workable to Feedback
- Assignee set to okurz
QE-SAP has organized to have two rather powerful machines intended to be openQA workers, especially for SAP related workload, situated in SUSE PRG office. Let's see when we will have these machines in the pool and what's efficient use for them before we decide to invest in more hardware in SUSE NBG office.
Regardless I created https://sd.suse.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/SD-70967 to clarify questions how we would get new machines into NUE SRV1
- Description updated (diff)
- Due date deleted (
- Status changed from Feedback to Workable
- Assignee deleted (
so for adding something to serverroom 1, it is not easy at the moment,
as space wise it is nearly full
the electrician already mentioned multiple times to not add anything new in there.
the AC is nearlly at its limit.
BUT if you really need it in serv1 you need to open a CAB request, that it gets officially approved, as serverroom 1 is completely audited this year for the DC move project.
other optiones, adding it in serv2 to a QA rack. or maybe Prague serverroom, but we do not have there anything for openqa at the moment.
Updated description with the current state.