Three more OSD machines could be ordered and arrived in Prague, to be used within the OSD infrastructure. This was discussed as part of https://confluence.suse.com/display/qasle/2022-05-16+SUSE+IT+and+Networking
- AC1: The three new machines are used by OSD production jobs
- AC2: All machines are maintained same as we do for other x86_64 OSD workers
- Follow https://sd.suse.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/SD-89423 for the ordering process
- Wait for details from EngInfra regarding the machines
- Ensure that a valid OS is installed
- Ensure that machines can be remote controlled
- Deploy machines as part of generic salt-controlled OSD infrastructure
- Configure openQA worker instances on these machines for testing purposes
- Test out their operation and take special care due to the remoteness between NBG (osd webUI) and PRG (location of these two machines)
- If all good include as generic workers as well as with special sap worker class settings
Previous two machines were setup in #104970.
Martin Caj and Lee Martin know more about the details. The plan was to put them next to https://racktables.nue.suse.com/index.php?page=object&tab=default&object_id=16124 or in neighboring racks and connect them the same way. For that first some other machines need to be reshuffled
Out of scope¶
- Multi-machine tests, just disable "tap" worker class for now
- Due date set to 2022-09-19
- Status changed from Workable to Feedback
- Assignee set to okurz
vkarpovych answered, I responded:
Oliver Kurz: https://confluence.suse.com/display/qasle/2022-05-16+SUSE+IT+and+Networking has the corresponding entry: "Prague status: Discuss where to locate new QE-SAP servers: Could ask about Rack B4 or B5 - the servers are old and could maybe go to make space for SAP ? (they were cloud/SES, all out of warranty)". I don't have more details the current status, that's on mcaj and lmartin
Viktor Karpovych: those 3 servers occupy some space in Storage room, I want to mount it to Rack PRG-SRV1-B :5 just for space release in storage room.
Could I just put it to bottom of that rack? How to name those servers for put it to Racktables and after PDUs and Network Switches arrived and we will move everything from Rack 5 we can decide in which units those servers will be moved.
Oliver Kurz: Sounds ok. Please name them openqaworker16, openqaworker17, openqaworker18 with configuration and network setup same as openqaworker14+15. Those machines were setup by mcaj last year IIRC
#8 Updated by okurz about 2 months ago
Checked with vkarpovych. Still waiting for network switches. Updated racktable entries with PO numbers and details, updated https://sd.suse.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/SD-89423
- Due date deleted (
- Status changed from Feedback to Workable
- Assignee deleted (
I have received no response since a month so I assume we are still waiting for network switches or somebody forgot to continue. I suggest to report a ticket with SUSE-IT to request the further setup steps.