[qe-core][tumbleweed] test fails in multi_users_dm, string typed in gnome search rather than xterm screen
test fails in multi_users_dm, string typed in gnome search rather than xterm screen
since TW 20210429.
I do not know why.
openQA test in scenario opensuse-Tumbleweed-DVD-ppc64le-extra_tests_gnome@ppc64le fails in
Test suite description¶
Maintainer: QE Core, asmorodskyi. Extra tests which were designed to run on gnome
Fails since (at least) Build 20210207
Last good: (unknown) (or more recent)
Always latest result in this scenario: latest
#1 Updated by openqa_review 2 months ago
This is an autogenerated message for openQA integration by the openqa_review script:
This bug is still referenced in a failing openQA test: extra_tests_gnome
To prevent further reminder comments one of the following options should be followed:
- The test scenario is fixed by applying the bug fix to the tested product or the test is adjusted
- The openQA job group is moved to "Released"
- The label in the openQA scenario is removed
#3 Updated by tjyrinki_suse about 2 months ago
- Subject changed from [qe-core] test fails in multi_users_dm, string typed in gnome search rather than xterm screen to [qe-core][tumbleweed] test fails in multi_users_dm, string typed in gnome search rather than xterm screen
- Status changed from New to Workable
- Start date deleted (
#5 Updated by punkioudi about 1 month ago
Small update :
- When the user re logs in, the gnome generic desktop gets unfocused. When the user opens the xterm, this is also unfocused and consequently when the user types a command, it is seems typed in gnome search. This was also reproduced in TW with x86_64 arch and it is apparently a gnome product [bug]
- For this reason, I will soft-fail it, do a workaround and keep the test running.
- One more thing that was noticed (kudos to szarate) is that this [needle] is not valid, as at this step the generic desktop should be focused :) . For this reason, it will be removed.