[qe-core][sle][opensuse][qem] enhance update_packagekit tests
In the update tests we depend highly on which types of updates are available, so we do not test every branch in every build (e.g. we have no updates that require a reboot)
To test as much as possible there are update tests in: http://download.opensuse.org/update/leap/15.0/oss/x86_64/
We should try to integrate this to our tests, not only for leap but for all products
AC1: Tests are not broken
AC2: All sorts of updates are being tested on opensuse
AC3: All sorts of updates are being tested on sle
- Do not test updates on openSUSE Tumbleweed because updates there are less important and seldom and we do not have an update repo with test packages
- For SLE or Leap make sure that the published update-repo with test update packages (see #36451) are available, at least as long as BETA=1 is set
#3 Updated by okurz about 3 years ago
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
- Target version changed from Milestone 16 to Milestone 18
It's a cool idea but that high prio for now. So sure, you can continue to work on this as a fall-back task for now and eventually we should also pick it up with higher prio again.
#4 Updated by jorauch about 3 years ago
- Priority changed from Low to Normal
- Target version changed from Milestone 18 to Milestone 16
The question here is at wich point we should add the new repo.
I would do this in a seperate module to keep it flexible enough for all products and architectures
Maybe we could use zypper_ar for this
#10 Updated by jorauch almost 3 years ago
related PR by dheidler:
#21 Updated by okurz almost 3 years ago
- Due date deleted (
- Target version changed from Milestone 19 to future
riafarov is currently working on harmonizing the update schedule which might have an impact and someone from QAM plans to look into update_packagekit_kde as well. We can look into this but … not now.
#23 Updated by okurz over 1 year ago
- Subject changed from [sle][opensuse][functional][medium][u] enhance update_packagekit tests to [sle][opensuse][qam] enhance update_packagekit tests
- Status changed from Rejected to Workable
We don't know currently what parts of this is already covered and what not - please reopen or create a proper one with explicit request
this is a bit lame explanation. The link to test updates needs an update of course: http://download.opensuse.org/update/leap/15.2/oss/x86_64/
This shows all different categories of updates:
but I think by now it fits better the scope of [qam].