[sle][functional][u][epic]Test for keyboard layout switching
[19 Jan 2018 10:21:48] <okurz> Anja, fcrozat: For additional fun I reopened a shitstormer … uh potential shipstopper bug https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1074481 [19 Jan 2018 10:21:52] <c4y> - 1074481: Selecting non-default keyboard layout in installer does not have an effect on installed system (neither tty s - https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1074481 […] [19 Jan 2018 15:26:11] <fcrozat> okurz: could we "please" have a testcase in openQA in the future to test for the keymap failure ? [19 Jan 2018 15:26:21] <fcrozat> (in both console and graphical cases) [19 Jan 2018 15:27:57] <okurz> fcrozat: I […] don't know how to check that the keyboard layout works with qemu. We will try though :) [19 Jan 2018 15:28:23] <fcrozat> okurz: just try to type azerty in french layout [19 Jan 2018 15:28:27] <fcrozat> and see what you get :) [19 Jan 2018 15:28:43] <fcrozat> I don't think you need to set anything in qemu keyboard layout [19 Jan 2018 15:28:51] <fcrozat> (but maybe I'm wrong) [19 Jan 2018 15:30:49] <fcrozat> at least, when using qemu on libvirt, there is no config for keyboard [19 Jan 2018 15:31:03] <fcrozat> but maybe VNC could interfer
- AC1: Test for installer UI (graphical + console) changing keyboard layout -> DONE: #30583 , e.g. https://openqa.suse.de/tests/2341661#step/keyboard_selection/9
- AC2: Including check for right layout during installer -> DONE: #30583 , e.g. https://openqa.suse.de/tests/2341661#step/keyboard_selection/9
- AC3: As AC2 but in console login prompt -> #30586 + #45404
- AC4: As AC3 but after login of user in console -> #30586 + #45404
- AC5: As AC4 but for root -> #30586 + #45404
- AC6: As AC2 but in gdm login prompt -> #30589 + #45395, e.g. https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/817178#step/keyboard_layout_gdm/18 for openSUSE
- AC7: As AC4 but after login of user in gnome -> #30589 + #45395
- AC8: As AC7 but after login of root in gnome -> #45407
Updated by okurz almost 5 years ago
I think we missed something here. https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/816830#step/keymap_or_locale/10 shows that we test "keyboard layout after login of user in gnome" but what is missing is the changed layout.
- AC3, AC4, AC5: As AC2 but in console login prompt -> #30586 , e.g. https://openqa.suse.de/tests/2341435#step/keymap_or_locale/3 but missing the changed layout
Created #45404 to cover what we missed.
Updated by okurz over 4 years ago
- Assignee changed from okurz to riafarov
Move to new QSF-y PO after I moved to the "tools"-team. I mainly checked the subject line so in individual instances you might not agree to take it over completely into QSF-y. Feel free to reassign to me or someone else in this case. Thanks.
Updated by riafarov almost 4 years ago
- Subject changed from [sle][functional][y][epic]Test for keyboard layout switching to [sle][functional][u][epic]Test for keyboard layout switching
- Assignee changed from riafarov to mgriessmeier
Assigning to u-team as last task is for the userspace team and we can resolve the whole thing after that.
Updated by szarate about 3 years ago
See for the reason of tracker change: http://mailman.suse.de/mailman/private/qa-sle/2020-October/002722.html