coordination #30580: [sle][functional][u][epic]Test for keyboard layout switching
[sle][functional][medium]keyboard layout switching - installer
- AC1: Test for installer UI (graphical + textmode) changing keyboard layout(done)
- AC2: Including check for right layout during installer(done)
- Read the "Motivation" section in #30580 for proposal how to do it (0.1-0.5h)
- Introduce new test variable which if set changes the layout, e.g.
- Change they keyboard layout in welcome page (0.5-2h)
- Experiment if sending any special key behaves different in qemu than on the default layout (1-6h)
#12 Updated by okurz over 3 years ago
- Add new test suite on OSD for GUI with parameters
- Schedule test suite for product, e.g. in SLE15 development job group for x86_64
- See if it works
- After confirmation repeat the above for other archs, SLE12SP4, TW, Leap15
#13 Updated by JERiveraMoya over 3 years ago
- Subject changed from [sle][functional][easy]keyboard layout switching - installer to [sle][functional][medium]keyboard layout switching - installer
This is a verification in my local, which mimics all settings from osd using "client isos post":
osd is updated regarding previous configuration (Test suites, Jobs groups)
New module keyboard_selection is scheduled right after welcome module, so test suites with START_AFTER_TEST=gnome are not suitable, as they are children jobs without welcome (the system is already installed) that boot from image. The setting need to be included on a job where the installation takes place as the examples above.
Waiting for new build in osd to see if it works.
#14 Updated by JERiveraMoya over 3 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
Added schedule in Development group for the rest of archs. in sle15: Watching development group for sle15: https://openqa.suse.de/tests/overview?distri=sle&version=15&build=450.1&groupid=96 (aarch64 now is available and looks good).
Added schedule in Development group for sle12sp4, Tumbleweed and Leap only for 64bit.
Waiting for new builds in all mentioned products (in order to not mess up this groups forcing running with isos post).
#17 Updated by JERiveraMoya over 3 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to In Progress
Still waiting for verification in Test Development groups:
https://openqa.suse.de/tests/overview?distri=sle&version=12-SP4&build=0229&groupid=132 (created needles for sle12sp4)
#20 Updated by JERiveraMoya over 3 years ago
Fixed for TW.
Probably this ticket will require to be moved to the next sprint due to the new test suites are scheduled with START_AFTER_TEST=gnome and gnome test suite is failing in most cases for sle15, sle12sp4 and TW, so we are not yet confident enough to move the test suites to prod groups.
#22 Updated by JERiveraMoya over 3 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
Now both test suites are ready to be scheduled:
sle15 -> https://openqa.suse.de/admin/job_templates/110
sle12sp4 -> https://openqa.suse.de/admin/job_templates/139