[epic][qe-core] Limit installation tests by depending more on the create_hdd_* jobs.
For a while we've seen that there are jobs that do a full installation (including the reboot) only to run couple of extra tests post installation, the problem with this approach is that if a test happens to fail during the installation, or a module that is not the one needed (say consoletest_setup) the time spent during the installation is basically lost.
It's better to identify those scenarios, leaving only
default in a state where it runs a very limited subset of tests right after the install without any workarounds that we apply to carry on with testing
- Take a look at the jobs in sle functional jobgroup see which jobs are doing installation + extra work, try to change that to Boot to desktop + extra work in the schedule
- Repeat above step (if makes sense) on TW.
- Cleanup Development 15, job group
- PPC (powerKVM) supports qcow images too, those can be considered
- For powerVM, spvm this is not possible unless START_AFTER_TEST is used (but can only be used once, or with a good chain of tests)
- This is also not possible for z/VM, but possibly can be done with START_AFTER_TEST
- Possibly job group storage will need to be updated.
- Tracker changed from coordination to action
- Subject changed from [qe-core] Rely more on installation tests by extracting unnecesary modules to [qe-core] Limit installation tests by depending more on the create_hdd_* jobs.
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from New to Workable
- Target version set to QE-Core: Ready
#8 Updated by tjyrinki_suse about 2 months ago
- Tracker changed from action to coordination
- Subject changed from [qe-core] Limit installation tests by depending more on the create_hdd_* jobs. to [qe-core][epic] Limit installation tests by depending more on the create_hdd_* jobs.
- Status changed from Workable to In Progress
Setting coordination tickets visible in sprint goals to In Progress so that it doesn't look like a ticket to pick directly.