[opensuse][sle][functional][u][hard]Salt multi-machine test
|Target version:||QA - future|
Salt is an important configuration management stack used by all SUSE distributions
- AC1: There is a multi-machine scenario exercising salt in a client-/server setup for SLE (all current versions in development, e.g. SLE15 and SLE12SP4)
- AC2: Same as above for openSUSE
We require at least the following tests
* basic functionality - eg.
salt-call --local pkg.install $package
Desirable would be multi-machine testing including Minion/Master communication and functionality.
#4 Updated by okurz over 3 years ago
A basic setup test has been added with
leap currently fails after adding extra tests because of #12838, see for example opensuse-42.2-DVD-x86_64-Build0112-extra_tests_on_textmode@64bit
SLE does not have a change to main.pm to enable it (needs verification).
Also, there is no multi-machine part.
@dzedro: do you want to extend with multi-machine?
#9 Updated by okurz about 2 years ago
- Checklist changed from [ ] SLE, [x] TW, [ ] Leap to [ ] SLE, [ ] TW, [ ] Leap
- Description updated (diff)
- Target version changed from Milestone 13 to Milestone 16
ACs in now, it's focused on the multi-machine part. We have an existing salt test module executing the master and minion locally in both SLE as well as openSUSE.
#13 Updated by okurz almost 2 years ago
- Subject changed from [opensuse][sle][functional][hard]Salt multi-machine test to [opensuse][sle][functional][u][hard]Salt multi-machine test
- Target version changed from Milestone 16 to Milestone 21+
- Difficulty set to hard
Actually I doubt very much that the prerequisite will be done soon
- Assignee changed from okurz to mgriessmeier
Move to new QSF-u PO after I moved to the "tools"-team. I mainly checked the subject line so in individual instances you might not agree to take it over completely into QSF-u. Feel free to discuss with me or reassign to me or someone else in this case. Thanks.