[functional][u] test fails in soundtouch - This is a product bug that may be workarounded like with aplay
|Category:||Enhancement to existing tests||Estimated time:||42.00 hours|
|Target version:||SUSE QA tests - Milestone 30|
There is a known sporadic bug that will not have a fix upstream nor withing SUSE.
A workaround were used to soft-failed the test: https://openqa.suse.de/tests/3289105#step/aplay/22
In this case the test failing is soundtouch, which will probably share the same destiny.
openQA test in scenario sle-12-SP5-Server-DVD-aarch64-extra_tests_in_textmode@aarch64 fails in
Fails since Build 0161
Last good: 0158
Always latest result in this scenario: latest
It seems that already the aplay test failed on aarch64 as the output audio has a too low pitch there and won't be recognized by a DTMF decoder.
But it has a false-positive needle that will make that test module still work.
- Try something different than aplay (eg mpv)
- Use hda driver insted of ac97 (https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst/pull/1211)
- Use multiple match areas in the for soundtouch to at least handle the time difference that aplay needs to load the next file
- Add a workaround needle
#5 Updated by SLindoMansilla 6 months ago
It also happens on Leap 15.2: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/1039573/modules/soundtouch/steps/20
This is an autogenerated message for openQA integration by the openqa_review script:
This bug is still referenced in a failing openQA test: extra_tests_in_textmode
To prevent further reminder comments one of the following options should be followed:
1. The test scenario is fixed by applying the bug fix to the tested product or the test is adjusted
2. The openQA job group is moved to "Released"
3. The label in the openQA scenario is removed
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
Created before vacation: