[tools] Allow detection of known failures at the autoinst-log.txt
PRs https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst/pull/1014 and https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst/pull/932 laid the fundation to process failures that were happening outside the test scope, but they don't cover autoinst-log.txt for example.
I created https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst-distri-opensuse/pull/6315 as a starting point when I stumbled across the problem, time to put it into a real ticket.
As an Test engineer I would like to have the capability of detecting problems in the worker host or os-autoinst so that the test can be cancelled if necesary
- Provide a mechanism to match on regex in autoinst-log.txt based on patterns defined in the test distribution (preferably not in the main.pm or test suites per se, but it's own domain)
- Provide patterns defined in os-autoinst for backend specific stuff, e.g. the "key event queue full"-thingy -> look for that string in os-autoinst for existing code to handle that
- Enhance existing documentation
#10 Updated by szarate about 1 year ago
Sergio, that one talks about journal logs, which come from the SUT, this ticket talks about isotovideo generated logs (backend), which would be an enhancement, and would require different processing on autoinst-log.txt as the messages are different, and do not come from the serial console of the sut.
#14 Updated by dheidler about 1 year ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
- Status changed from Resolved to Workable
As coolo suggested:
"there is a reason the worker writes this file - because we add additional infos to it. […] Still having 2 processes writing the same file is very dangerous. It is just stupid to open a file and then start another process to write to it. I veto this insanity - because in a couple of days you guys will file tickets for truncated log files and complain. I repeat what I said: if isotovideo wants to catch log output, this should be a Mojo::Log subclass that does not write. And leave autoinst-log.txt alone."
#21 Updated by mgriessmeier 10 months ago
- Subject changed from [tools][functional][u] Allow detection of known failures at the autoinst-log.txt to [tools] Allow detection of known failures at the autoinst-log.txt
- Target version changed from Milestone 26 to Milestone 27
In the u-team we don't have the resources to look into this right now, since it apparently requires a lot of effort to check backend specific stuff
feel free to discuss with me in person - for now removing u-tag