action #23650: [sle][functional][ipmi][epic][u] Fix test suite gnome to work on ipmi 12-SP3 and 15 (WAS: test fails in boot_from_pxe - connection refused trying to ipmi host over ssh?)
[sle][functional][u][ipmi][sporadic] test fails in boot_from_pxe - needs to increase ssh_vnc_wait_time
|Category:||Bugs in existing tests|
|Target version:||SUSE QA tests - Milestone 27|
I found that openqaw1:1 has problem with ssh_vnc_wait_time for boot_from_pxe. It looks that this ipmi host takes longer to get installer to be ready.
openQA test in scenario sle-15-SP1-Installer-DVD-x86_64-btrfs@64bit-ipmi fails in
Fails since (at least) Build 43.1
Last good: 41.4 (or more recent)
Always latest result in this scenario: latest
#3 Updated by zluo over 1 year ago
#4 Updated by okurz over 1 year ago
- Subject changed from [sle][functional][y] test fails in boot_from_pxe - needs to increase ssh_vnc_wait_time to [sle][functional][u][ipmi][fast] test fails in boot_from_pxe - needs to increase ssh_vnc_wait_time
- Due date set to 09/10/2018
- Target version set to Milestone 19
#6 Updated by okurz over 1 year ago
As stated by you in #31375 as well it seems the timeout of 300s is still not enough in some cases. https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst-distri-opensuse/pull/5863 bumps it from 300s to 600s now.
#9 Updated by zluo over 1 year ago
- Assignee deleted (
https://openqa.suse.de/tests/2123037#step/boot_from_pxe/29 shows that we still issue here.
And I don't have any idea why this happens sometimes.
As I discussed with @okurz already, please someone can take over?
#10 Updated by okurz over 1 year ago
- Subject changed from [sle][functional][u][ipmi][fast] test fails in boot_from_pxe - needs to increase ssh_vnc_wait_time to [sle][functional][u][ipmi][sporadic] test fails in boot_from_pxe - needs to increase ssh_vnc_wait_time
- Due date changed from 09/10/2018 to 06/11/2018
- Target version changed from Milestone 19 to Milestone 20
#41480 is related and we can work on that first, then try again here.
#11 Updated by SLindoMansilla over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Workable to Blocked
- Assignee set to SLindoMansilla
- Parent task set to #23650
Make BOOT_FROM_PXE stable before working on this sporadic and hardware-specific issue: https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/36027
Assigning myself as tracker.
#13 Updated by pvorel over 1 year ago
These tests are probably affected by it as well:
Test died: no candidate needle with tag(s) 'vnc-server-started' matched
Could not find kernel image: /mnt/openqa/repo/SLE-12-SP4-Server-DVD-aarch64-Build0443-Media1/boot/aarch64/loader/linux
=> is it a same issue or something else? It's run on x86_64 worker, but that should be ok I guess.
This is strange