[epic][functional][u] Test suites that use "all patterns" boot from created qcow2 image
There were three test suites in SLE12 that covered the installation with all patterns selected. For SLE15+ there is only one.
- allpatterns SLE-12-SP3, SLE-12-SP4, SLE-15
- sdk+allpatterns SLE 12-SP3, SLE 12-SP4
- we+allpatterns SLE 12-SP3, SLE 12-SP4
The execution time was long and the maintenance tedious. It would be easier if they would be split into create_hdd_*_allpatterns and extra_tests_*_allpatterns.
It would also be good to recover the lost coverage after the new SLE15 installation media.
#6 Updated by jorauch over 3 years ago
- Subject changed from [sle][functional] Test suites that use "all patterns" boot from created qcow2 image to [sle][functional][medium] Test suites that use "all patterns" boot from created qcow2 image
- Assignee set to jorauch
Apply these settings to the test suites:
#16 Updated by jorauch over 3 years ago
- Due date deleted (
- Category changed from Enhancement to existing tests to New test
- Status changed from Feedback to Workable
- Assignee deleted (
- Target version changed from Milestone 14 to future
As discussed with okurz we do not have a current use case for these. Could make sense in the future whenever we need it, i.e. when we have any test that wants to test based on special patterns.
#25 Updated by zluo about 1 year ago
for current convention, they should be named:
And the one that generates the qcow2:
- So, the first step would be to create a test suite in OSD called create_hdd_allpatterns.
- Then you could have it scheduled in your own test development job group until it is stable.
- When it is stable, it can be moved to https://gitlab.suse.de/qsf-u/qa-sle-functional-userspace/-/blob/master/functional_sle15_jobgroup.yaml
Then, we start migrating allpatterns into extra_tests_allpatterns and similar steps 1. 2. 3.
#30 Updated by SLindoMansilla about 1 year ago
- Subject changed from [sle][functional][medium][u] Test suites that use "all patterns" boot from created qcow2 image to [epic][functional][u] Test suites that use "all patterns" boot from created qcow2 image
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from In Progress to Workable
- Assignee changed from zluo to SLindoMansilla
See for the reason of tracker change: http://mailman.suse.de/mailman/private/qa-sle/2020-October/002722.html