[sle][functional][sle15][epic] new system roles
The role "default" will become the role "SLES + Desktop" (SLE Basesystem and Desktop Application Module available, runlevel 5, Basesystem + Gnome Desktop installed)
the minimal role SLES "minimal" (no registration, only packages from DVD available) will stay as is
there will be added a new role "SLES default" "textmode" (SLE Basesystem Module available, Basesystem + minimal X11 (icewm) installed, runlevel 3, text mode)
- AC1: All system roles are tested within SLE15
- AC2: SLE12/openSUSE still works - do we always have to state this? ;-)
- AC3: Existing scenarios using test variable "SYSTEM_ROLE" still work, i.e. "xen" and "kvm".
#1 Updated by okurz almost 4 years ago
- Subject changed from [sle][functional] new system roles to [sle][functional][sle15][epic] new system roles
- Description updated (diff)
- Due date set to 2017-10-25
- Category set to New test
- Priority changed from Urgent to High
urgent -> high as long as this ticket can probably not be properly implemented as long as we don't have test failing on this.
Updated ticket description.
#2 Updated by sebchlad almost 4 years ago
- Target version deleted (
okurz: this is somewhat confusing. I see that you've updated the due date -> "Due date set to 25/10/2017" however the field "due date" is blank.
@maritwerner: I've removed the target version, as I'm not aware this was planned. Or perhaps I'm wrong? Have you planned it with okurz already?
#3 Updated by maritawerner almost 4 years ago
This request came in last week from Release Managers and Product Managers as a surprise to all of us. It is expected to work and be tested already for Beta1, so one of the most urgent tasks that we have atm. And so I would like to ask you to add to your plans.
See for the reason of tracker change: http://mailman.suse.de/mailman/private/qa-sle/2020-October/002722.html