coordination #25850: [sle][functional][sle15][epic] new system roles
[sle][functional][sle15] new system role - "minimal"
- AC1: An installation is conducted with registration and system role "minimal" selected
- review existing use of the test variable "SYSTEM_ROLE" (0.2-2h) -> DONE: so far only used for kvm, xen and in caasp for different roles
- review the existing test suites "textmode" and "minimalx" if it should use that new system role but in a backward compatible way to still support older versions, e.g. maintenance tests and SLE 12 SP4 (1-4h) -> DONE: role "minimal" does not include a lot of packages so probably it does not make sense to test more stuff. We should go with what corresponds to "INSTALLONLY"
- add a scenario using that role, e.g. change the existing installation test suite "textmode" to add a SLE15 specific system role setting which will not impact older versions? (1-4h) -> based on either sle15 && no_registration or if explicitly selected SYSTEM_ROLE=minimal we should implicitly set DESKTOP=textmode and do what INSTALLONLY=1 does in the test plan
- adapt the test modules that can be executed based on that system role (2-8h)
#7 Updated by okurz over 4 years ago
- Assignee set to okurz
#8 Updated by okurz over 4 years ago
- Description updated (diff)
all merged. Now tests can be triggered with an explicit system role. I did that now in one case based on the skip_registration test suite: https://openqa.suse.de/tests/1221255 as soft-failed so good enough for the case of skip_registration where we don't have any other role available. I will update main.pm to set this system role by default.
Additionally we should have one scenario that starts with a registered installation but selects role "minimal" explicitly, called "minimal+role_minimal"
Added "minimal+role_minimal" test suite with only one variable, "SYSTEM_ROLE=minimal". The "INSTALLONLY=1" should be set implicitly within products/sle/main.pm as we can not execute the normal test modules.
#12 Updated by nicksinger about 4 years ago
- Status changed from Resolved to Feedback
Not sure if this is the right ticket to reopen but the recent build shows two more tests with "minimal" in the name that are not prepared for the new system role selection:
#14 Updated by nicksinger about 4 years ago
https://github.com/nicksinger/os-autoinst-distri-opensuse/commit/c7d775f042e346d00cd084bc9bf7b4df30ba7768 provides a first fix for this. Test can now continue and finds the right needle: http://openqa.glados.qa.suse.de/tests/517 . The test can still not succeed since the VPNd binds to the second interface and is therefore not reachable on the expected address.
#15 Updated by okurz about 4 years ago
are you sure you are commenting on the right ticket? the jobs in #26038#note-12 are both failing for different reasons, the first is not related to the system role "minimal" but is a "minimal" pattern selection, as we always had since sle12. The second is a test skipping over the addon screen. Either yast failed to show it or "next" was pressed twice. your last comment #26038#note-13 more likely relates to #23650