[tools]Needle editor displays black screen
enter interactive mode and click on scissor to create a new needle.
I got in most case a black screen. Go back and click it again, then it shows correct content in most cases.
#5 Updated by zluo over 5 years ago
What I got in Firefox developer console:
http://localhost/tests/1916/images/yast2_control_center-115.png [HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found 19ms]
#9 Updated by mkittler over 5 years ago
- Description updated (diff)
I can reproduce two different issues:
- Sometimes there is a very long delay. This might lead to a timeout. In this case reloading the page helps of course.
But maybe it is just because the machine was very busy at that moment.
- Sometimes the generated image is just black. In this case reloading doesn't help of course. Looks like a bug in the backend. Maybe the screenshot was taken when qemu has already been stopped.
#13 Updated by mkittler about 5 years ago
- Subject changed from [tools]Needle editor displays black screen to [tools]Needle editor displays black screen
I already stated that there are actually 2 different issues. This comment is about the 2nd one.
The black screenshot might be caused by the stall handing turning the screen black: https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst/blob/master/consoles/VNC.pm#L834
To verify this, I could try to turn the screen to another color (eg. red) in this case. If the needle editor then shows a red screen, we know where it comes from.
#16 Updated by mkittler about 5 years ago
I suppose changing the color isn't that easy. But the change https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst/commit/85e7ee7baef472c4771641e7d5a51da8278b0c34 by coolo might fix the 2nd issue. So you can update os-autoinst and check whether the issue still occurs.
BTW: I guess the comment
# return black image - screen turned off should be removed.
EDIT: It seems like the 2nd issue actually doesn't occur anymore. Since the issue only occurred sometimes, further testing is required to be sure.
#20 Updated by EDiGiacinto almost 5 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
- Assignee changed from mkittler to EDiGiacinto
Closing this bug since it might be related to #20378 which is now solved. Please re-open if problem still persist - in case it is persisting and the bug had attachments (such logs, screens, ecc.) please provide new ones.