coordination #96980: [qe-core][samba_adcli][epic] Tracker for samba_adcli failures
[qe-core][samba_adcli] test fails in samba_adcli in s390x - adcli join cannot find geeko.com domain
openQA test in scenario sle-15-SP3-Server-DVD-Updates-s390x-Build20210719-1-mau-extratests2@s390x-kvm-sle12 fails in samba_adcli
From what I understand, the samba_adcli module has never been run for s390.
adcli join -v -W --domain geeko.com -U Administrator -C does not work, even with multiple retries, possibly is a network access problem on one of the lpars
- Run a manual installation or use an image on an s390 kvm machine and/or lpar (zkvm), and try to run the steps manually
- If step above works, trigger a job in openQA and use developer mode (Trigger the job with PAUSE_AT=samba_adcli and use this page to figure out how to connect to the running machine, possibly for s390 zkvm the procedure might be different, ping szarate) and debug the network (starting with trying to ssh Administrator@$AD_ip/windows machine).
- Update test module/and/or modify host, create follow up tickets as needed
- Subject changed from [qe-core] test fails in samba_adcli in s390x to [qe-core] test fails in samba_adcli in s390x - adcli join cannot find geeko.com domain
- Description updated (diff)
- Category changed from Bugs in existing tests to Spike/Research
- Status changed from New to Workable
- Target version set to QE-Core: Ready
So, in the end looks like part of the problem is when it's on ipv6... I have submitted https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst-distri-opensuse/pull/12990 but still a bit more investigation is needed.
#8 Updated by martinsmac about 2 months ago
Observed error in aarc64 SLES 15 Sp1 too:
Test died: Waiting for Godot: adcli join -v -W --domain geeko.com -U Administrator -C at sle/lib/utils.pm line 1549.¶
utils::script_retry("adcli join -v -W --domain geeko.com -U Administrator -C", "delay", 10, "retry", 5, "timeout", 60) called at sle/tests/network/samba/samba_adcli.pm line 78 samba_adcli::update_password() called at sle/tests/network/samba/samba_adcli.pm line 158