Support comments in tests
We need to add and edit one comment per test - preferably rich text to be able to add links to screenshots
#5 Updated by coolo about 6 years ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 60
https://github.com/os-autoinst/openQA/pull/373 adds a database model and a start of the UI change.
What's left to do:
- write test cases
- hide comments - the database field is there, but that's it
- show job comments within the job group. right now only job group specific comments are displayed. I'm not so sure how it should look like, but you want to see what test the comment is from
#7 Updated by okurz over 5 years ago
- Status changed from Resolved to Feedback
we have comments and we use them. But the view gets cluttered and many comments are incorrectly rendered and we can not correct them. In discussions I mentioned there should be a "fail reason description" which is exactly what coolo mentioned here https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/7476#note-3
Can we please try to do this? E.g.
- have comments editable
- have a test description field, e.g. a field just below the "Overall summary" which we can edit to describe the current state, add bug links, describe who is working on it, etc. (see https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=opensuse&version=Tumbleweed&build=20160116&groupid=1 for an example)
One might have remarks about "but we need an unchanged history" but
- I don't see a benefit of an "unchanged history" of broken comments. Without some hashsum we can never be sure anyway I did not mangle with the database
- With #7478 we have a history of changes
#12 Updated by okurz over 5 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
- % Done changed from 60 to 100
ok, comments are not-editable because no one did it yet, not because of "political reasons" or similar. Work on "editable comments" is tracked in #10622 so we can close the current issue again.