coordination #9576: [epic][opensuse][sle][functional][y] VNC+SSH Installations
[functional][y][opensuse] Update support_server on o3 for remote installations
We need to create and update the support_server used in remote installation in openqa.opensuse.org. The purpose is to fix the problem appeared in the associated ticket which enabled the vnc remote installation and adjust the tests removing the workaround(remote_target.pm:L28). The work in the spike shows that this should make the trick.
The problem is that this didnt work quite well for me as it cant find the packages in the repos. So some extra effort might required.
- no workaround to get out of the yast in target machine
- the remote ssh and vnc tests should get to the desktop after the installation finish
- it has been observed a segmentation fault in ssh. if this does not appear any more with newer image, that s good, otherwise a bug should be filed.
- create a xml, run the support_server generator and publish the image
- use an existing qcow and modify it to include the packages that it needs
- TW image would be preferable is will be possible to run
zypper dupnext time we need updated image
#5 Updated by JERiveraMoya over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Workable to Feedback
- Get latest qcow2 from TW create_hdd_gnome
- Install pattern dhcp_dns_server
- Switch from Network Manager to Wicked
- Disable firewall
- To avoid dimming of the screen, turn off gnome screensaver
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.session idle-delay 0and turn off gnome suspend
gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power sleep-inactive-ac-type 'nothing'
- In job conf delete QEMUVGA and use VIRTIO_CONSOLE=1