action #42854: [functional][y][epic] Introduce relevant installation validation test modules
[functional][y] Validate ext4 installation
See motivation in the parent ticket.
Scope is SLE 15 SP2 only + staging.
- Only test modules which are relevant for the scenario are scheduled
- Partitioning is validated (ext4 for root)
- Test plan document is updated accordingly: https://gitlab.suse.de/riafarov/qa-sle-functional-y/blob/master/SLES_Integration_Level_Testplan.md
- Smoke test that we can read/write from/to fs
- Validate partitioning
- Validate proposal (existence of swap and separate home)
This is an autogenerated message for openQA integration by the openqa_review script:
This bug is still referenced in a failing openQA test: autoyast_ext4
To prevent further reminder comments one of the following options should be followed:
- The test scenario is fixed by applying the bug fix to the tested product or the test is adjusted
- The openQA job group is moved to "Released"
- The label in the openQA scenario is removed
#5 Updated by JERiveraMoya 8 months ago
Once you will start to work on this ticket, do not forget to change status to "In Progress".
I guess you will be focus on the validation, but if you don't mind, try to start to send Pull Request (PR) with yaml schedule first, so from that moment you will be able to gather more feedback in GitHub.
#8 Updated by syrianidou_sofia 7 months ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
We should see with tools team what is going on here: https://openqa.suse.de/tests/3699096#step/validate_ext4_fs/35
simple, there is no network. compare the string after "eth?:" in https://openqa.suse.de/tests/3699096#step/first_boot/1 for the failed job and the corresponding reference ext4_yast@uefi in https://openqa.suse.de/tests/3700518#step/first_boot/1 showing a valid network adress for eth0. I wonder why the aarch64 test has an eth1 instead of eth0. Previous build was still having eth0 in https://openqa.suse.de/tests/3686998#step/first_boot/1 . I suggest to check https://openqa.suse.de/tests/3699096/file/logs_from_installation_system-y2logs.tar.bz2 , haven't looked there.