[transactional][microos] test fails in transactional_update
openQA test in scenario microos-Staging:N-Staging-DVD-x86_64-microos@uefi-staging fails in
Test suite description¶
- The first problem is that the "transactional-update" module test is counting as "passed", even though one of the tests failed (trup_call probably needs to die if wait_serial fails).
- This is the original problem of this test: In stagings the repository with the updated package is not available, thus the command will not do any update and fail to meet the test criteria. The repository probably has to be added first.
- Looking at the test case it seems the test starting from https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst-distri-opensuse/blob/master/tests/transactional/transactional_update.pm#L101 is supposed to first install a non-failing version of the package, which is supposedly later replaced with a broken package. If this is correct the package contained in the tar archive should not contain any breaking script at all, only the package installed from the repository should do.
- The transactional-update test should fail completely if the broken package test fails.
- When testing with stagings the test should not break.
Always latest result in this scenario: latest
This ticket was set to "Normal" priority but was not updated within the SLO period for "Normal" tickets (365 days) as described on https://progress.opensuse.org/projects/openqatests/wiki/Wiki#SLOs-service-level-objectives . Please consider picking up this ticket within the next 365 days or just set the ticket to the next lower priority of "Low" (no SLO related time period). This update was done as agreed within the SUSE QE Sync call 2021-09-01