[epic] Fix worker->websocket->scheduler->webui connection
We have multiple problems with the way we split state between various components. And simple fixes won't help as our architecture is just
too complex for little gains :(
#8 Updated by mkittler almost 4 years ago
A few notes from our last tools team meeting regarding the worker:
- Remove engines to simplify the code. The worker was never really independent from isotovideo anyways.
- Use Minion jobs for more than just the cache service (e.g. for uploading results).
- Allow multiple slots per (systemd) service.
#14 Updated by okurz over 2 years ago
- Subject changed from EPIC: Fix worker->websocket->scheduler->webui connection to [epic] Fix worker->websocket->scheduler->webui connection
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- Assignee set to okurz
Over the past months a lot of work has happened in the area of the communication and architecture. Definitely we have not changed the big picture architecture but have we reworked stuff and we at least added much more coverage. Some points that had been mentioned have been done since then, e.g. "use external processes for uploading results". But for more only more specific tasks would help. I don't see how a ticket "Fix worker…" would help anymore.
#16 Updated by szarate about 2 years ago
See for the reason of tracker change: http://mailman.suse.de/mailman/private/qa-sle/2020-October/002722.html