[kernel] Require a two disk s390x machine type to run xfstests
For now the s390x worker has only one disk(around 20GB), and it don't have enough place to get a 20GB /home partition(we need a 20GB partition to split to a 10GB test partition and 10GB scratch partition).
So now we need to test xfstests on s390x manually in each milestone.
After many try, we couldn't find a way to run xfstests in that worker. Could someone help with following solution? to make one of them will help this.
- Add one more disk(>=20GB) for the s390x worker
- Gives more space for s390x disk, and create a 20~30GB /home during installation.
#2 Updated by yosun about 4 years ago
Yes, for automation on openQA. Two disk is better than a big one, since with one disk, SLES didn't automatically create a new partition for /home during installation for s390x. That's the different in s390x with other arches.
For manually test I have linux154 with two disk could make xfstests.
#6 Updated by okurz about 4 years ago
- Subject changed from Require a two disk s390x machine type to run xfstests to [functional][u] Require a two disk s390x machine type to run xfstests
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Assignee set to mgriessmeier
- Target version set to Milestone 20
As mgriessmeier is fine to help with that let's reflect it properly on the qsf-u team's backlog
#7 Updated by mgriessmeier about 4 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Blocked
as request for an additional DASD to LINUX152 and LINUX153
#8 Updated by mgriessmeier about 4 years ago
- Status changed from Blocked to Workable
- Assignee changed from mgriessmeier to yosun
Infra ticket is solved - we have two workers in production now, which have a second disk of the same size at 0.0.0200 (LINUX152 and LINUX153 - openqaworker2:1 and openqaworker2:2)
I suggest the following to ensure that the tests are running on one of those two machines:
- give it a separate worker_class (e.g. s390x-zVM-2disk) in https://gitlab.suse.de/openqa/salt-pillars-openqa/blob/master/openqa/workerconf.sls
- create new machine definition based on that worker_class
- schedule jobs accordingly to run on those machines
#10 Updated by cachen about 4 years ago
Thank you, but I'm not sure if I have the promission to create new machine type(s390x-zVM-2disk) in osd. I only feel good to modify in "testsuite" and "job group" pages ;)
Could some one in tools team help to do that please?
@Sero, For sure you can create PR to gitlab for review/merge as well ;)
mgriessmeier, thank you for the help :)
#11 Updated by yosun about 4 years ago
Good to know it :)
Merge request has created to add machine type
#14 Updated by mgriessmeier about 4 years ago
I've noticed https://openqa.suse.de/tests/2291162 showing up as incomplete in the functional job group
The issue is that the machine was created with backend svirt instead of s390x.
also, the scheduled job is a create_hdd job which is not possible in z/VM.
I'd suggest the following for the future: please test those new tests/machines in the job development group to not pollute the functional group with incomplete tests
#16 Updated by mgriessmeier about 4 years ago
Yes, sure, I disabled it in function job group. I didn't find a example to install zVM, any idea which job is for installing that?
every job which is assigned to s390x-zVM* Machine - but you need to load your tests on top that installation, since we cannot boot from a qcow image there