action #33859: [sles][functional][saga][s390x][u] Review s390x Bugs found by IBM and see what can be implemented in the future
action #33862: [sles][functional][epic][s390x][yast][y] Review and extend test coverage of YaST2 modules on s390x
[functional][y][s390] create new test suite for yast dump module
|Category:||New test||Estimated time:||8.00 hours|
|Target version:||SUSE QA tests - Milestone 25|
- Module is tested manually on s390
- There is simple test which verifies basic functionality of YaST dump module on s390
- Learn what module is for
- Test manually on zVM and zKVM
- Develop automated test scenario to verify functionality of the YaST module
- Enable at least on s390x ( but potentially on x86 if it applys to that arch as well).
This module is just a front-end for the mkdump perl script. It lists DASD or ZFCP devices (only the ones that can be used as dump device) and allows to initialize them, then exits. That's all.
It is the same as doing the following:
mkdump --list-dasd mkdump --list-zfcp mkdump [--force] /dev/[device]
except that the error output from mkdump is not always properly displayed.
I have not advanced much on this ticket, I have mostly been doing manual testing on GMC2.
I reported a bug though https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1135241&GoAheadAndLogIn=1 : mkdump lists devices that it should not.