Check for subvolumes present for home directory in case no separate partition
- AC1: /home subvolumes presence is validated in case of no separate home partition is proposed
- Research if we do not already have a test module covering subvolume checks
- Add simple check of mount points vs. expectations, e.g. start with @/home as an example based on TOGGLEHOME, see bsc#1084261
We already have a test for subvolumes in the installer with a needle check as well as
console/installation_snapshots that at least fails when there are no subvolumes.
We need to find scenario where we explicitly use btrfs and no separate home partition (if doesn't exist - create it), and check that there is subvolume for the /home path. For the check we also have some functionality available, so can reuse it.
#3 Updated by okurz about 3 years ago
bsc#1097235 "/boot/grub2/arm64-efi is not a btrfs subvolume" is a bug that could be covered by this "new test"
#9 Updated by riafarov over 1 year ago
- Subject changed from [functional][u][medium]Check for subvolumes present/not-present to [functional][y][medium]Check for subvolumes present/not-present
- Assignee deleted (
@Rodion, will you be interested in picking this ticket up? While valid, I don't see much value
we already have some validation, but we don't have explicit checks for the scenario without separate home partition. So I will put in our backlog. Cheers.
#13 Updated by syrianidou_sofia 5 months ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback