Project

General

Profile

action #10204

openQA Project - action #9680: libvirt backend

zKVM Tests

Added by RBrownSUSE over 6 years ago. Updated about 5 years ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
New test
Start date:
2016-06-15
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
(Total: 0.00 h)
Difficulty:

Description

We have the 'svirt' (libvirt over ssh) backend completed https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/9680

We therefore now need to impliment tests for KVM for System Z for SLE 12 SP2


Checklist

  • SLE

Subtasks

action #12330: Upgrades on s390Resolvedokurz

action #15536: zKVM: Upgrades Resolvedmgriessmeier

action #12346: minimalx on zKVMResolvedmgriessmeier

History

#1 Updated by RBrownSUSE over 6 years ago

  • Checklist item changed from to [ ] SLE
  • Assignee set to mgriessmeier
  • Target version changed from 156 to 162

#2 Updated by mgriessmeier over 6 years ago

  • Status changed from New to In Progress
  • % Done changed from 0 to 50

#3 Updated by mgriessmeier over 6 years ago

  • % Done changed from 50 to 80

We're able to reboot into an installed system now, which was the main problem beforehand.

  • added function to backend which deletes , and from xml-file to be able to start the machine after reboot
  • added zkvm_reconnect test

nevertheless, no pull-request so far, because coolo need to refactor the svirt backend more, to cover also a QA-Maintenance task - so he will merge this fixes after he's done with that

I will continue to have a look on all tests after reboot and see what needs to be done there

#4 Updated by okurz over 6 years ago

mgriessmeier wrote:

nevertheless, no pull-request so far, because coolo need to refactor the svirt backend more, to cover also a QA-Maintenance task - so he will merge this fixes after he's done with that

I am frightened already ;-)

#5 Updated by mgriessmeier over 6 years ago

  • % Done changed from 80 to 90

So we finally got a green zkvm test hooray -> https://openqa.suse.de/tests/209300
but we still have some smaller issues on the minimal_base test which is WIP

Additionally I've added some more test scenarios there which should come up in the next builds,
so i think we can carry this poo over to milestone 2 or we could set it to resolved and clone it as a "cover more zkvm tests"
your opinion?

#6 Updated by okurz over 6 years ago

mgriessmeier wrote:

so i think we can carry this poo over to milestone 2 or we could set it to resolved and clone it as a "cover more zkvm tests"
your opinion?

carry over, cloning only increases noise and does not add any helpful information which we use right now. It would look different if we count "story points" or something but as long as no one demands effort estimation we save the effort. Even the "done percentage" is IMHO not helpful. "90%" is the most common completion state in projects anyway, most of the time … for a long time ;-)

#7 Updated by mgriessmeier over 6 years ago

  • Target version changed from 162 to Milestone 2
  • % Done changed from 90 to 50

okurz wrote:

mgriessmeier wrote:

so i think we can carry this poo over to milestone 2 or we could set it to resolved and clone it as a "cover more zkvm tests"
your opinion?

carry over, cloning only increases noise and does not add any helpful information which we use right now. It would look different if we count "story points" or something but as long as no one demands effort estimation we save the effort. Even the "done percentage" is IMHO not helpful. "90%" is the most common completion state in projects anyway, most of the time … for a long time ;-)

=> set to milestone 2, adjust completion state (if that is somehow reliable)

#8 Updated by RBrownSUSE about 6 years ago

  • Target version changed from Milestone 2 to 168

#9 Updated by okurz almost 6 years ago

  • Target version changed from 168 to Milestone 3

#10 Updated by mgriessmeier almost 6 years ago

I'm not sure about the acceptance criteria for this poo to be resolved...
In my opinion we have a bunch of zKVM tests in openQA for now

Should I keep this open anyway, in Case of needing additional testcases in the future? or close for now and reopen if necessary
Richard, what do you think?

#11 Updated by mgriessmeier almost 6 years ago

  • % Done changed from 50 to 70

as discussed with Richard, keeping open for now, adding subtasks i.e. upgrades on s390

#12 Updated by maritawerner over 5 years ago

  • Target version changed from Milestone 3 to Milestone 4

#13 Updated by mgriessmeier over 5 years ago

  • Due date set to 2016-12-16
  • Start date changed from 2016-06-14 to 2016-06-15

due to changes in a related task

#14 Updated by mgriessmeier over 5 years ago

  • Target version changed from Milestone 4 to Milestone 5

not able to reproduce related poo locally, will discuss more with coolo, but we suspect it as a product bug - so moving to Milestone 5

#15 Updated by mgriessmeier over 5 years ago

  • Target version changed from Milestone 5 to Milestone 6

moving to M6 due to product bug

#16 Updated by mgriessmeier about 5 years ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Resolved

All subtickets have been resolved,
so I will close this as resolved now as well - @Richard, if anything else comes to your mind, don't hesitate to reopen and add a new subtask

Also available in: Atom PDF