jobs post does not support to trigger a test suite that is defined in YAML with a new alias
- When cloning a job use
clone_job.pl, the setting with
+defined in Medium Types will be added into the job's setting, although it does not work. Here is an example: https://openqa.suse.de/tests/3795703#settings
jobs postonly support using test suite name when triggering a job.
#3 Updated by Xiaojing_liu 5 months ago
For question 1, could we add a parameter when cloning a job? if the operation is cloning a job, just get the job's setting, don't get the other's settings from medium type and machine, test suite.
question 2, how could we support using job template name? when executing jobs post TEST=xxx, first search the XXX in job template table? if there are more than one job templates with this name, all of them will be triggered? if the job template table does not include this specified job template name, searching the test suite table?
#4 Updated by Xiaojing_liu 5 months ago
As discussed with cdywan, I need to write more details about question 1.
The whole users' story is that:
- About the setting with a '+', here is a ticket that explains it. https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/60371
- Users defined the setting property with
+ISOboth in Medium Type and YAML. in Medium Type, the setting is
+ISO=SLE-%VERSION%-Online-%ARCH%-Build%BUILD%-Media1.isoin YAML the setting is re-defined as this:
- offline_sles15_media_basesys-srv-desk_all_full: settings: +ISO: SLE-%VERSION%-Full-%ARCH%-Build%BUILD%-Media1.iso
- when the job is trigger by openQA, the job's setting is
SLE-15-SP2-Full-x86_64-Build122.1-Media1.iso. The result is expected.
- The job in this example (given in the description ), was cloned by users. As expected, the cloned job should have the same settings as the based job has. In fact, the cloned job has two parameters about ISO, such as:
+ISO: SLE-15-SP2-Online-x86_64-Build122.1-Media1.iso ISO: SLE-15-SP2-Full-x86_64-Build122.1-Media1.isoAlthough the setting
+ISOdoes not affect the job, IMHO it should not be here. I checked the code, the
+ISOcomes from the Medium Type. I think we should not get the settings from medium type or machine or test suite when users clone a job using