coordination #80142: [saga][epic] Scale out: Redundant/load-balancing deployments of openQA, easy containers, containers on kubernetes
coordination #43706: [epic] Generate "download&use" docker image of openQA for SUSE QA
Update upstream dockerfiles to provide an easy to use docker image of openQA-webui
As a QA developer I want to download and run an image via Docker. Basic uses of openQA work out of the box without further configuration. More advanced options are documented for those who need it.
- DONE AC1: The upstream dockerfile can be used to generate a docker image of the webui in https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/devel:openQA/openQA
- DONE AC2: Proper documentation of the use of that docker image is available upstream: https://github.com/os-autoinst/openQA/tree/master/docker
- OBS support for docker https://openbuildservice.org/help/manuals/obs-user-guide/cha.obs.building.html#id-18.104.22.168.8
#2 Updated by okurz over 2 years ago
- Subject changed from [functional][u] Update upstream dockerfiles to provide an easy to use docker image of openQA-webui to Update upstream dockerfiles to provide an easy to use docker image of openQA-webui
- Category set to Feature requests
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
- Target version deleted (
#8 Updated by tinita about 1 year ago
The Docker images in
are built via Github Webhooks and OBS tokens.
You can create a token like this:
osc token --create devel:openQA os-autoinst_dev
Then you can use this for the webhook, and for every push the image will be built.
You can also manually trigger a token
osc token --trigger $token
I believe this is the API endpoint:
#14 Updated by okurz about 1 year ago
I realized that working on that https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/69355 has several aspects in common to this task. I am working in both cards in parallel.
hint: Link with
#<id> rather than full URL to ticket to have preview to other tickets: #69355
Surely it makes sense if you want to work on the related tasks together however we should not see this as a blocked relation and definitely not in the direction that this ticket would be blocked by ##69355
#17 Updated by ilausuch about 1 year ago
AC1: The upstream dockerfile can be used to generate a docker image of the webui in https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/devel:openQA/openQA
DONE: The new version works compiles and generate images https://github.com/os-autoinst/openQA/pull/3431
AC2: Docker images for the webui are generated each time a new build of openQA is triggered in https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/devel:openQA/openQA
AC3: QA developers can download that docker image and run a container from it that is ready to use (no configuration needed)
Should we publish it on registry.opensuse.org and docker hub?
AC4: Proper documentation of the use of that docker image is available upstream: https://github.com/os-autoinst/openQA/tree/master/docker
Depends if the approach in https://github.com/os-autoinst/openQA/pull/3431 is approved
This PR fixes some problems with the Dockerfiles to allow OBS to build the images
And these are the packages in my home than build the images. Note than the _service points to the branch in github, so if it is merged, then I have to change the paths to get the good ones.
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
Publishing images on OBS is raising a lot of questions on top of a usable image that have nothing to do with containerizing the webui in general, and we actually have #43718 so I'm removing it from the AC here.
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
The PR is merged and also there is a build in OBS that test this (https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:ilausuch:branches:devel:openQA/openQA_container_image_webui_pr)