[qe-core][functional] Increase robustness of using bootloader parameter with info-file instead of long typing
#40670 showed that typing in the bootloader screen can impede the robustness. Using a "info-file" might be more robust.
Syntax of info file:
- Each parameter goes in one line.
- Key and value are separated by colon plus white space ': '.
Usage from bootloader¶
Updated by mgriessmeier about 5 years ago
so, to solve #39857 I have tried this solution for this specific case in this Pull request
and it worked like a charm. So I would be totally in for following the idea of implementing this feature to reduce mistyped/wrongly configured kernel command lines with too many different potential fallouts on our testing
Updated by okurz almost 5 years ago
- Assignee changed from okurz to mgriessmeier
Move to new QSF-u PO after I moved to the "tools"-team. I mainly checked the subject line so in individual instances you might not agree to take it over completely into QSF-u. Feel free to discuss with me or reassign to me or someone else in this case. Thanks.
Updated by SLindoMansilla over 4 years ago
- Status changed from Blocked to Workable
- Assignee changed from mgriessmeier to SLindoMansilla
related PR: https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst-distri-opensuse/pull/8390
Updated by tjyrinki_suse over 3 years ago
- Subject changed from [functional][u] Increase robustness of using bootloader parameter with info-file instead of long typing to [qe-core][functional] Increase robustness of using bootloader parameter with info-file instead of long typing