[qam] test fails in install_packages in gcc8 incident update - needs update for lsmfip? Is there a better long-term solution?
|Category:||Bugs in existing tests|
openQA test in scenario opensuse-42.3-DVD-Incidents-x86_64-cryptlvm@uefi-2G fails in
Fails since (at least) Build :8917:gcc8.1539488102 (current job)
Last good: :8901:hawk2.1539395343 (or more recent)
Always latest result in this scenario: latest
#1 Updated by AndreasStieger over 1 year ago
The maintenance update tests following the following general pattern:
- list all packages in the incident
- install all packages of same name from the product
- run zypper patch
- check if all packages in the incident were installed
This is done via the INSTALL_PACKAGES and VERIFY_PACKAGES variables.
The following situations can occur:
- The packages in the incident conflict --> lsmfip adjustment to exclude
- The incident uses binary filtering --> not covered (https://github.com/openSUSE/openSUSE-release-tools/issues/1521)
- The incident introduced new packages --> there are no old packages to install
So this last scenario is what you are seeing. So far we fell back to manual install testing, as this is infrequent. I believe we can adjust the overall test here to do a plain installation test, without first trying to install the (non-existing) old packages. This adjustment probably goes beyond lsmfip.