[functional][u][hard] ipmi test fails in consoletest_setup to write to the serial device - regression!
|Category:||Bugs in existing tests||Estimated time:||8.00 hours|
|Target version:||SUSE QA tests - Milestone 19|
openQA test in scenario sle-12-SP4-Server-DVD-x86_64-default@64bit-ipmi fails in
writing something to /dev/serialdev but apparently nothing ever reaches the serial device.
The job is labeled with https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1099281 but looking at it in detail it seems that this has nothing to do with the fact that the serial port forwarding does not work so the bug should not be a blocker in this regard.
Tests fail in either this issue or on #37820 so I recommend to keep both in mind in parallel.
Last good: See #37820 , that would be the very very old test https://openqa.suse.de/tests/857605 , the later job https://openqa.suse.de/tests/992659#step/consoletest_setup/9 on build 0420 already seems to fail in the same way.
Given the "expected result" above I assume that the problem was introduced in os-autoinst-distri-opensuse between "good" 749297d010f39e18c741cc3ed0c633b03445f647 and "bad" bcef7e1f06bd86fdec2b1f5dd863d6272c563ee0
- Abort the current test with "INSTALLONLY" to make it green and decrease prio of this ticket
- Try out to reproduce the "last good" with old product and old test first
- See if we have introduced changes to the test that broke it
- "lib/ipmi_backend_utils.pm::use_ssh_serial_console" might help
- Fix it by fixing the regression
Always latest result in this scenario: latest
#5 Updated by okurz over 1 year ago
- Subject changed from [functional][u] ipmi test fails in consoletest_setup to write to the serial device - regression? to [functional][u] ipmi test fails in consoletest_setup to write to the serial device - regression!
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from New to Workable
#10 Updated by okurz over 1 year ago
- Due date changed from 14/08/2018 to 11/09/2018
- Status changed from In Progress to Workable
- Assignee deleted (
- Target version changed from Milestone 18 to Milestone 19
As discussed with slindomansilla currently tests fail often enough in steps before consoletest_setup so it makes sense to focus on getting installation and booting more stable first, e.g. new blocker #38411
#11 Updated by SLindoMansilla over 1 year ago
- Subject changed from [functional][u] ipmi test fails in consoletest_setup to write to the serial device - regression! to [functional][u][hard] ipmi test fails in consoletest_setup to write to the serial device - regression!
- Estimated time set to 8.00
- Difficulty set to hard
#15 Updated by zluo over 1 year ago
https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1099281 is a blocker. I reported this issue about 2 months ago.
So we need to workaround this for now:
#17 Updated by zluo over 1 year ago
#18 Updated by zluo over 1 year ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
verified on osd: