[sle12][functional][u][s390x-kvm] test fails in consoletest_finish while switching from console to GUI desktop, stuck on black screen
openQA test in scenario sle-12-SP4-Server-DVD-s390x-allpatterns@zkvm fails in
Fails since (at least) Build 0234
The test fails while going from console to GUI desktop. Happened only on s390x and it is the first occurrence.
Not sure if it is a test issue or an app issue. Need investigation.
Last good: 0233 (or more recent)
Always latest result in this scenario: latest
#4 Updated by okurz about 2 years ago
- Subject changed from [sle12][functional]test fails in consoletest_finish while switching from console to GUI desktop to [sle12][functional][u][s390x-kvm] test fails in consoletest_finish while switching from console to GUI desktop, stuck on black screen
- Due date set to 2018-05-22
- Target version set to Milestone 16
Hi oorlov, thanks for the review. Suggestions for improvement in the ticket itself:
- It's about switching consoles so not related to YaST and therefore a clear candidate for '[u]'. You can add the tag yourself.
- If you see something "only failing on " then please also add this to the subject line so that we have a hint that most likely it is backend specific. You know, like for all the hyperv issues which we can already recognize in the subject line :)
[2018-04-04T18:11:11.0042 CEST] [debug] /var/lib/openqa/cache/tests/sle/tests/console/consoletest_finish.pm:43 called testapi::select_console [2018-04-04T18:11:11.0043 CEST] [debug] <<< testapi::select_console(testapi_console='x11', await_console=0)
Is the code that should switch to the grapical mode but here AFAIK it involves switching to a vncviewer window which might be gone so another case where #34003 should help.
#16 Updated by okurz about 2 years ago
oorlov I am not really sure why I am assigned for this ticket. I cannot recall that I would work on this issue.
See #34837#note-5 and its timestamp. It happened during a refinement meeting so I assume we decided within that meeting - hopefully when you were there - that you can track the blocking ticket.