[tools][functional][hard] Add functionality to be able to modify data available via http in share directory
As a test developer I would like to modify files we share in data test directory during the test run. One of valid scenarios is modification of autoyast profiles from the worker side avoiding need in support server.
At the moment it's only possible to modify profiles that can be used for installation only using support server, which has certain limitations.
For example, it's not straight-forward to share the path to the new file between 2 test suites, if modification was done in support server test suite.
Another possibility to have similarly functionality atm is to use 'upload_asset', here we can avoid having support server, but still have to run code inside of SUT in chained job.
- AC1: Being able to modify and upload files similarly to 'upload_asset' but not from SUT, but from the worker directly
- AC2: Being able to access files in SUT using http
- Investigate required steps
- Implement new api function which allows uploading files
- Document new api function
#2 Updated by riafarov about 4 years ago
PR with implementation: https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst/pull/877
Waiting for the feedback.
#9 Updated by okurz almost 4 years ago
- Subject changed from [tools] Add functionality to be able to modify data available via http in share directory to [tools][functional] Add functionality to be able to modify data available via http in share directory
- Due date set to 2017-12-19
- Target version set to Milestone 12
that's very relevant for "functional". Let's try something different and make this issue "explicit" on the functional backlog and plan for our sprint6 then
#12 Updated by riafarov almost 4 years ago
Changes according to the PR review are introduced: https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst/pull/877#