[labs][64bit-ipmi_debug worker] SLE15 shows interface selection (because 2 NICs are connected?)
#1 Updated by xlai almost 6 years ago
- Related to action #23368: ipmi worker openqaw1:4 has issue to connect to the ipmi machine. added
#2 Updated by nicksinger almost 6 years ago
- Subject changed from [infra][64bit-ipmi_debug worker] network interface selection is not visible in the SOL session to [labs][64bit-ipmi_debug worker] SLE15 shows interface selection (because 2 NICs are connected?)
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
For me this definitely looks like a product bug so I kindly ask you to create a ticket in BSC.
More interesting is the question why this selection dialog shows up in the current SLE-builds.
Is this a new feature? Is this related to my debugging and therefore connecting both NICs from the server?
I'll investigate this further (to see if SLES12 has the same selection dialog) and can also try to provide debug information in BSC if needed but it is low priority for me ATM since I see the issue in the product not the network.
#3 Updated by nicksinger over 5 years ago
- Related to action #26948: [sle][functional][ipmi][hard] Adjust boot_from_pxe to sanely handle multiple network interfaces added
#4 Updated by nicksinger over 5 years ago
- Status changed from New to Feedback
https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/26948 was created to address part of this problem and still keep the scenario as realistic as possible.
#5 Updated by nicksinger about 5 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/26948 got resolved. Please reopen this if it is still problematic.