[gsoc] Investigate/implement container-based backend
|Target version:||QA - future|
As spoken briefly with Richard, i couldn't find an already open issue regarding containers support in the backend, so opening a new one.
As a tester, i want to be able to test containers and validating images before going further down in the pipelines. (e.g. testing images before being used for deploying container-based services in multi-machine environments)
- AC1: transparent implementation to support different types of containerization technologies ( docker, rkt, lxc .. )
- AC2: do not have to increase tweakings or options to overwhelm the tester
- AC3: try to provide maximum compatibility on features that we use already in VM-based backends
- Investigate required changes to the codebase and look into cpan if there are modules that we could use
- Provide basic support to handle containers operations in the backend side
- Add support for the docker backend (as we use it in some of our products)
Investigate if makes sense implement a backend for containers.
In case it is, we should discuss also what container-based backend(s) we would like to add support to.
A backend capable of directly testing containers could be useful since we provide container images, and might add business value as well ( as CaaSP is using docker ).