Display openQA version in web UI
As a visitor of openQA instance I would like to know the currently running openQA version. It is useful for instances I do not have ssh access to see the package version (e.g. https://openqa.opensuse.org)
- AC1: Show same version as available in packages, e.g. OBS package in devel:openQA
- AC2: For git deployed instances show unique version from git
- AC3: If no version can be found this is handled gracefully
- read version from rpm file if available
- read version using
- provide git tag on master repo (see below)
- display version e.g. in footer
- can provide helper that are usable in branding so that vendors can tailor (that sounds weird)
- "unique version from git" could be
git describebased on a tag which is on a very old commit so that the counter value of commits after the tag has some use.
If this raise a security issue, it can require login to see it.