Unreliable/unusable audio connections using Jitsi instance on meet.opensuse.org from Android clients size:S
Hi. I have observed a reproducible problem today with meet.opensuse.org vs. meet.jit.si . When I join with the Android Jitsi App (22.5.1) from my Smartphone on meet.opensuse.org I can not reliably hear participants and they can not reliably hear me. Reconnecting helps in some but not all cases. The same problem does not appear with meet.jit.si. I suspect that meet.jit.si runs a more recent Jitsi server version and hence is not showing this problem. Can you confirm that meet.opensuse.org runs an older version than meet.jit.si? If yes, what are the plans to update?
meet.opensuse.org is not usable when participants want to join our usual SUSE QE Tools meetings from phone
- Report problem with meet.opensuse.org to according administrators and await their reaction regarding server version and potential upgrade
- Install an older version on Android (e.g. F-Droid normally has older versions selectable)
- File Screenshot_20220928-100635.png Screenshot_20220928-100635.png added
- File Screenshot_20220928-101240.png Screenshot_20220928-101240.png added
- Subject changed from Unreliable audio connections using meet.opensuse.org to Unreliable/unusable audio connections using Jitsi instance on meet.opensuse.org from Android clients
Problem seems to persist. Attached two screenshots of on meet.opensuse.org as well as meet.jit.si where
#3 Updated by okurz about 2 months ago
- Due date changed from 2022-10-07 to 2022-10-21
On https://meet.jit.si/suse_qa_tools people multiple time were dropped and struggled to rejoin. We dynamically switched to https://meet.opensuse.org/suse_qa_tools in those cases. I asked again about any planned updates in https://suse.slack.com/archives/C02CU9CL6FQ/p1664963937870849?thread_ts=1663760551.006499&cid=C02CU9CL6FQ
(Oliver Kurz) We currently still use https://meet.jit.si/ where people multiple time were dropped and struggled to rejoin. We dynamically switched to https://meet.opensuse.org/ in those cases which (likely) still has the above problems. Any update on the "planned upgrade"?
EDIT: An alternative was mentioned that we could try out: https://meet-test.opensuse.org/suse_qa_tools
#4 Updated by okurz about 2 months ago
I just tried meet-test.opensuse.org with the Android client and it behaves slightly better than meet.opensuse.org but worse than meet.jit.si . All users still show up as muted but I can hear them and they can hear me. On meet.jit.si the status of people is properly reflected, unmuted and audible
- Due date changed from 2022-11-18 to 2023-03-31
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
We can try to use a downgraded Android client, e.g. from f-droid
Did you try if that works? Personally I only use the web app which isn't affected.
No, I did not try. However yesterday we tried again all three instances and meet.jit.si was fine, meet-test was fine as well, moo still not so I assume testing is still going on with the test instance