QA - coordination #99303: [saga][epic] Future improvements for SUSE Maintenance QA workflows with fully automated testing, approval and release
coordination #99306: [epic] Future improvements: Make reviewing openQA results per squad easier
Enhance email notification message content for about failed and unreviewed jobs
The new feature introduced by https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/91605 is very useful to notify people in different ways (direct email or to Slack, which will turn into Slack message). However, those messages could be improved adding some extra information about the test name, the group name, etc.
This is an example of how a message in Slack looks like:
So, a proposal from my side could be:
Unknown issue to be reviewed. OpenQA test https://openqa.suse.de/tests/8762619 fails with "Test died: script timeout: docker info at /usr/lib/os-autoinst/distribution.pm line 296."
I guess it's difficult to include the reason given by the failure, so something like this could be also helpful:
Unknown issue to be reviewed. OpenQA test https://openqa.suse.de/tests/8762619 fails in docker. Job Group: 427 - Maintenance: Test Repo / Public Cloud Maintenance Updates Build: 20220515-1 Flavor: AZURE-CHOST-BYOS-Updates
similar to when you report a poo ticket directly from the UI.
#1 Updated by jlausuch about 1 year ago
- Description updated (diff)
#2 Updated by okurz about 1 year ago
- Project changed from openQA Tests to openQA Project
- Subject changed from Enhance message content for about failed and unreviewed jobs to Enhance email notification message content for about failed and unreviewed jobs
- Category set to Feature requests
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
- Target version set to future
- Parent task set to #99306
#4 Updated by tinita about 1 year ago
- Related to action #111215: Various improvements for email notification about unreviewed jobs size:M added