[qe-core] libqca2: pressing too soon 'q' to quit the interactive program
The qcatool-qt5 test fails sometimes (not always). Looking at the test run it appears 'q' is being pressed too soon, before the application is ready to accept the input and 'quit'.
The quit later happens when the next command is being typed ('qcatool-qt5'), resulting in the 'q' being consumed for 'quit' and the command being typed as catool-qt5.
We probably need a sync point in there (either assert screen to check the program has printed the first lines), some serial monitoring or at least a 'delay/sleep'.
openQA test in scenario opensuse-Tumbleweed-DVD-x86_64-extra_tests_textmode@64bit fails in
Test suite description¶
Mainly post-installation console extra tests.
Fails since (at least) Build 20210920
Last good: 20210920 (or more recent)
Always latest result in this scenario: latest
#1 Updated by maritawerner about 1 year ago
- Subject changed from libqca2: pressing too soon 'q' to quit the interactive program to [qe-core] libqca2: pressing too soon 'q' to quit the interactive program
#2 Updated by openqa_review 12 months ago
This is an autogenerated message for openQA integration by the openqa_review script:
This bug is still referenced in a failing openQA test: extra_tests_textmode
To prevent further reminder comments one of the following options should be followed:
- The test scenario is fixed by applying the bug fix to the tested product or the test is adjusted
- The openQA job group is moved to "Released" or "EOL" (End-of-Life)
- The bugref in the openQA scenario is removed or replaced, e.g.
Expect the next reminder at the earliest in 28 days if nothing changes in this ticket.
#3 Updated by punkioudi 12 months ago
- Related to action #111716: [qe-core] test fails in libqca2 - missing 'q' on SUT when typing qcatool-qt5(sporadic) added
#4 Updated by dimstar 12 months ago
- Status changed from New to Resolved
Merged https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst-distri-opensuse/pull/14932 (after 2 weeks)