Make warnings in tests fatal
|Target version:||QA - future|
As an openQA developer I want openQA unit and integration tests to fail when warnings are encountered to ensure not introduce regressions
- "make test" fails if new warnings are encountered
- the existing warnings are fixed or properly marked and skipped
- It should help if we first fix all existing warnings to make new ones more visible
- research how to make "prove" catch warnings and make them fatal
- why does "prove -W" ("") not work as I expect it?
- decide on an approach
- make warnings fatal in all tests
- fix existing warnings
#7 Updated by okurz about 3 years ago
- Assignee set to rpalethorpe
as mentioned in https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst/pull/716#discussion_r100562659 rpalethorphe stepped up to look into some warnings.
#8 Updated by rpalethorpe about 3 years ago
- Assignee deleted (
I just removed my custom code to catch warnings and added Test::Warnings to the virtio terminal tests. https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst/pull/722 Seems to work fine!
And now I am stepping down.