As a bug investigator I want to have access to "special hardware" as workers to not rely on the production openQA server
- One machine can be used as worker for multiple openQA instances
- make workers register to multiple openqa webui instances, e.g. comma-separated list of openqa hosts in worker.ini and let them register to all
- ensure they listen to job notifications from all (should do that already right now)
- ensure worker ignores job notifications when already working on job (should do that already right now)
- the challenge: come up with a good idea how to separate "/var/lib/openqa/share/factory" and "/var/lib/openqa/share/tests" for different openqa server for the same worker
original idea: make shared directory path configurable for workers¶
Workers have hard coded path to
/var/lib/openqa/share as a directory shared with openQA webui. I would like to make this configurable.
Use case: there is one powerful server running multiple workers and then multiple people having weaker machines running individual openQA-webuis. For start I would like to use different workers with different webuis. Later it would be handy if worker would be able to connect to multiple webuis and just take whatever job available when idle.
#5 Updated by okurz almost 6 years ago
notes from irc://chat.freenode.net/opensuse-factory :
Worker register to multiple openQA servers, listen for job notifications as does now and ignore them when already working on job, as does now
so we just need to write a comma separated list of openqa hosts in worker.ini and let them register to all?
... once you got rid of NFS that is
there can only be one /var/lib/openqa/share/tests
<okurz> but there can be many "distri" dirs within that
<coolo> that distri == openQA instance is a very special case - possibly true in your scenario
the worker would need to mount /var/lib/openqa/share/factory under a subdir