coordination #91646: [saga][epic] SUSE Maintenance QA workflows with fully automated testing, approval and release
Resubmited incident (ID) with new release request (RR) inherits incident test results from previous RR
When RR is declined it can be resubmitted with new RR.
Problem is that it's still same incident ID so it will have old results.
If the incident results passed then it can be auto-approved.
Regressions can pass trough.
e.g. S:M:21592:259811 http://dashboard.qam.suse.de/incident/21592
#1 Updated by dzedro over 1 year ago
- Category set to Concrete Bugs
#2 Updated by okurz over 1 year ago
- Project changed from openQA Project to QA
- Category deleted (
- Target version set to future
When you say "Concrete Bugs", meaning a regression, can you reference a "last good"? Or is it actually a new feature request?
#3 Updated by dzedro over 1 year ago
I'm not aware of any regression, but it's flaw in bot which can cause regressions.
It's confusing, people can think result is based on latest submission, but must be not.
Can be called feature request.
#4 Updated by dzedro over 1 year ago
Another example of old results being inherited from previous RR, there are just old test results or results don't exist anymore just the result statistics.
This is just annoying for reviewer and blocking auto-approve.
#5 Updated by osukup over 1 year ago
yes, this is result of too simplified naming of INCIDENT by bot ( technical deept from past) ...
we need check where is used and change all places. (probadly MTUI + bot-ng + qem-dashboard
#6 Updated by osukup over 1 year ago
another possibility is add variable ( for examle RRID) with RRID and then use this in approver part of bot, which unfortuanetly can work only for incidents part, not aggregates
#7 Updated by osukup over 1 year ago
after code review .. it needs changes in bot-ng ( few lines) + in mtui (also should be simple)
#8 Updated by osukup over 1 year ago
ahh , and I also forget about Template Generator (teregen)
#9 Updated by osukup over 1 year ago
#10 Updated by dzedro over 1 year ago
If we can't use RR then I don't know what options we have. Somehow drop previous results or filter results since day of new RR being submitted ?
#11 Updated by osukup over 1 year ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Assignee set to osukup
#12 Updated by osukup over 1 year ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
.. deployed, need check if it works as intended...
#13 Updated by osukup over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
#14 Updated by okurz about 1 year ago
- Related to action #108869: Missing (re-)schedules of SLE maintenance tests size:M added
#15 Updated by okurz about 1 year ago
- Related to action #109310: qem-bot/dashboard - mixed old and new incidents size:M added
#16 Updated by okurz about 1 year ago
- Parent task set to #91646
#17 Updated by okurz 7 months ago
- Related to action #119161: Approval step of qem-bot says incident has failed job in incidents but it looks empty on the dashboard size:M added
#18 Updated by mgrifalconi 5 months ago
- Related to action #123286: Bot and dashboard reference to wrong data and block update approval size:M added