|Target version:||openQA Project - Milestone 1|
QA need to do Validation testing where SLES 11 SP4 and 12 SP1 is installed to iSCSI Devices
This will require using ibft to 'boot to iscsi'
We should not need extra hardware on the SUT (Guest) side of things, because this should all be possible in Qemu (see https://gist.github.com/smoser/810d59f0dd580b1c1256 )
However it does need an iSCSI Target
We have 2 options
- Use a real hardware iSCSI array
- Test SLES's ability to act as an iSCSI target, and test the iSCSI client/initiator against that
As openQA can do multi-machine testing I'd propose #2
So this task requires the following
- Add any backend support needed for QEMU to use ipxe/ibft
- If using openQA as the iSCSI target/server then write tests to setup an iSCSI target on SLES (could use assets as there is no point testing installation)
- Write tests for installation via ibft (should be very similar to s390x tests as it will require Disk Activation)
#9 Updated by dzedro about 4 years ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
I had short conversation with Fabian, he has same knowledge/experience with iscsi in openQA as me, close to none.
I tried to follow the link in description, but I'm not able get iBFT work in qemu.
I could setup everything following https://gist.github.com/smoser/810d59f0dd580b1c1256
but after I started SLES installation with 'withiscsi=1' iBFT tab was missing in iscsi configuration.
#11 Updated by dzedro about 4 years ago
I'm not able to push "-kernel /usr/share/qemu/ipxe.lkrn -append 'dhcp && sanhook --drive 0x80 iscsi:10.0.2.1::3260:1:iqn.2016-01.openqa.de:for.all'" into openqa qemu exec.
"-kernel /usr/share/qemu/ipxe.lkrn" is not a problem but "- append *" part is, even if I could write it in a way openQA could run it, qemu VM was not as it should be, iPXE boot did miss (http://10.100.98.90/tests/557/modules/bootloader/steps/3)
This job "http://10.100.98.90/tests/552/modules/iscsi_configuration/steps/2" is running with needed parameter but it behaves as without it, iPXE boot and iBFT tab is missing.
#12 Updated by dzedro about 4 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
iSCSI server/client: https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst-distri-opensuse/pull/1074
iSCSI in main.pm: https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst-distri-opensuse/pull/1074
iBFT backend: https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst/pull/437
iBFT tests: https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst-distri-opensuse/pull/1016/files
iBFT in main.pm: https://github.com/os-autoinst/os-autoinst-distri-opensuse/pull/1017/files
#14 Updated by okurz over 3 years ago
- Checklist changed from [ ] SLE, [ ] TW, [ ] Leap to [x] SLE, [ ] TW, [ ] Leap
- Status changed from Resolved to In Progress
This is working fine on SLE, e.g. see https://openqa.suse.de/tests/463475 for a current run of installation on iscsi target provided by server (running in parallel): https://openqa.suse.de/tests/463649 as well as accessing from a running desktop: https://openqa.suse.de/tests/463648
but for Tumbleweed or Leap I couldn't find it.
dzedro already tested on Tumbleweed and has needles in case they are not merged yet: http://10.100.98.90/tests/1139/modules/iscsi_server/steps/26 and http://10.100.98.90/tests/1140/modules/iscsi_client/steps/24
Should be easy to add in settings unless we don't want to test iscsi on o3.